NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
M.T

Juggernaut Barbell

Thanks BJ pleeenty room for improvement but on the plus strength was there just need some technical work.

Man 1st time using them tbh bit risky leaving it so late but I loved them! If Drizzt doesn't use them I'd buy off him and have a crack at 205.

Nice work bro, decent platform to start moving forward from now! Nerves out of the way the next one will be killer!

Thanks Big fella straight back into

Nice going there MT. again awesome to meet you! I chucked up some pics on fb. I got one of you squatting, I think it might be the 190?? :D 8)

you too always good to put faces to Avatars lol

OK cool i'll check it out thanks

How you doing MT? Do you get to eat lots of jelly and ice cream? :grin: When will you be up and squatting again sir? :pray:

Hello Mrs Vee!

MT is well thank you was a hard 1st couple of days when it hurt to talk let alone eat so lived off Iceblocks, shakes and creamed rice for that initial hump but much better now eating normal again which makes for one happy camper.

Umm well Docs said eeerrrr 2 weeks rest so I may have argued with that and got him down to 1 week absolute rest and light stuff a week following that soooo i'll be in tonight doing "light" stuff. see you there.

how's your training going?

Hello Mrs Vee!

MT is well thank you was a hard 1st couple of days when it hurt to talk let alone eat so lived off Iceblocks, shakes and creamed rice for that initial hump but much better now eating normal again which makes for one happy camper.

Umm well Docs said eeerrrr 2 weeks rest so I may have argued with that and got him down to 1 week absolute rest and light stuff a week following that soooo i'll be in tonight doing "light" stuff. see you there.

how's your training going?

That's good then, not too long enforced break, it's not really the weather for ice blocks bbbrrrrrrrrr! Trainering is OK, feel weird not doing sheiko for a few weeks I feel like I am missing something :pfft: I can't wait for the Christmas break and I can casually roll into the house and lift stuff and not have to go to that pesky work place! :grin:

5x5

Squats

1x10 @60

1x5 @90

1x5 @110

5x5 @125

Bench Press

1x10 @60

1x5 @80

1x5 @85

2x5 @95

1x5 @105

Barbell row

1x10 @bar

1x5 @40

1x5 @60

1x5 @65

1x5 @70

2x5 @75

Dips

1x5 @20

1x5 @30

1x5 @40

Standing Calves

1x50 @60

1x30 @60

Comments

Fudge it gonna start logging back here get some prog pics diets already up 2012 BOOM! So here we go, Token easy session to kick start the program. Nothing felt troubling though Squats were not as easy as I would have thought for such a low weight but hey haven't done real stuff for a while now so should be able to bang this week out with no belt. Balance was slightly off also as Drizzt pointed out can feel my body moving forward a tad aparently due to my gut dissappearing.

Bench was sweet again balance was a tad off but switched the stance to roll the palms forward wrists straight feelsgoodman.

BB rows and dips were ok not easy not hard.

Give it a week and you'll be back into the swing of it bro!

Pics or this journal will be moved to the PL subforum :pfft:

oh man 1st pics were taken funny how bad you look infront of the camera :oops: so thinking I will do weekly shots for my ref and post monthly ones all in the one hit at the end of me 4 months. Btw this is all becuase i wanna looked jacked when I go to Raro with the Mrs in April.

Assistance

CG bench

1x10 @60

2x10 @80

Chins

1x5 @10

1x5 @15

1x5 @20

Circuit to almost failure

Face pulls @stack

Tri pushdowns @stack

Ez bar curls @20

x3

Comments

In out 30 mins BOOM good arm pump aint done bis in aaaages.

Give it a week and you'll be back into the swing of it bro!

Pics or this journal will be moved to the "den" :pfft:

come on MT, you know you can eat all the jelly tip ice creams you want in the PL section..hanging with this rift raff can be bad for your 1RM's, :lol::lol:

j/k :twisted:

tried that for about 26 odd years bro needtochangeman

5x5

Squats

1x10 @60

1x6 @80

1x3 @100

5x5 @115

Pin press

1x10 @40

5x5 @65

Deads

1x5 @60

1x5 @100

1x3 @140

3x5 @160

Band deads

2x5 @60 w double blue bands

Comments

Squats were pretty lamo today nothing to write about there combined the last 2 sets and banged out 10. Pin press was tough on the last set aint done them in ages should get used to them soon.

Deads were pretty good until we added the speed deads man those things are naaastaaae even at that weight double blues add 80 but far need to get used to them dead to knees.

Thanks Doc for the panel beating feelsgoodman

5x5

Squats

3x10 @bar

1x10 @60

1x6 @80

1x5 @100

1x5 @110

1x5 @120

1x5 @125

1x5 @135

Bench

1x10 @60

5x5 @100

Bb rows

5x5 @65

TTurk getups

1x5 @15lb

1x5 @25lb

1x5 @35lb

Circuit

Green band crunches x12

standing calf raises x20 @60kgs

x3

Comments

Standard session today nice way to end the 1st week weights get up pretty quick so looking forward to that. Thought Squats might give me a bit of grief with the fresh leg tattoo but she was fine.

Everything else pretty good hot day had a feed at Joe's post WO.

Sure

So obliging! :grin:

Very cool sir! 8) I'm sure that will help your liftering by 408% :grin:

No worries. Yeah until I have to wrap up! should be able to squeak through the 1st 2 weeks without wraps anyways have another one planned for the year no mucking about in 2012.

5x5 week 2 day 1

Squats

1x10 @60

1x5 @100

1x3 @120

5x5 @142.5 belt sets 2 onwards

Bench

1x10 @60

1x5 @80

1x5 @90

1x5 @100

1x5 @105

1x5 @12.5

1x4 @120 help on the 5th

BB row

1x5 @65

1x5 @70

1x5 @75

1x5 @80

1x5 @85

Dips

1x5 @20

1x5 @30

1x4 @50

Comments

Alright session today, Squats felt awesome 1st working set with no belt was good but not great so belted up for the rest to be sure and felt much more confident under the bar. Looking forward to upping the weights soon but not too soon enjoying the ride for now.

Bench felt much weaker than usual don't usually ever fail before 140 but just kind of lost my jive after good Squats and felt energy levels were depleted. Struggled out my last rep on top set with help from Drizzt.

That then carried over to dips failed @3 rep of 50kgs wasn't there tried to get one more rep out twice just gased luckily we were done there.

5x5 week2 day 2

Squats

1x10 @60

1x10 @100

5x5 @125

Seated rows SS Lat pulldowns

3x15 @55 ss 3x10 @40ish?

DB side bends

3x12 ps @60

DB hammer curls ss curls

3x12 @35lb ss 3x12 @35lb

Drop set cable hammer curls

(all to failure) bb stylez

50lb

30lb

10lb

Comments

So expected to have the day off today get my walk on at lunch then we decided to spilt Thursdays session in 2, so Squat weds with assist and deads rest of program Thursday. Didn't want to do anything that would use tris or chest as I have a bb session with my bro on Friday at good ole Cityfitness should be fun so did some token guns and obliques for good measure.

Squats were a bit creeky warming up and 1st working set knees were all like pft maen we supposed to have the day off squating so I was all like mother f*@ker you can on my page or shut the f*@k up, so they joined the party and sets 2-5 were much much beter. Treated them to a 5k walk after dinner to iron out any kinks. Guns were boring just need to get them up there Tris are pulling away from them. Forgot the token Calfs for Harry B.