NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
M.T

Juggernaut Barbell

5x5 Deload week 2

102.5 post dropping kids off x2

Just logging working sets today (yesterdays session)

Squats

1x3 @135

1x3 @155 b

1x3 @170 b/nw

Bench

3x3 @125

Power Cleans

5x3 @40

Turkish ketchups

3x3 @25lb

BB bent over rows

3x10 @60

Comments

Slightly earlier session than normal my god felt amazing under the bar. Vid above from Drizzt (cheers) 170 felt so clean don't think it's ever felt like that before definitely not during Smolov anyways.

Rest was good bench felt a bit tender as per norm finally asked the Doc to look at it and sure enough he fixed me right up with his magic touch so powered on with the 125.

5X5 week 1 Intense Phase

103.5kg

Working sets.

Squats

1x3 @165 b

2x3 @170 b/w

Bench

1x3 @110

1x3 @125

1x3 @140

Power Cleans

4x5 @40

Dips

1x3 @10

1x3 @20

Comments

Squats were good today bumped it up 5kg from the prescribed 165 got them out fine without wraps so thought it would be too easy with wraps but hard without so thought take the jump and wrap up.

Both sets were good feeling great atm not getting too far ahead as it's only getting harder from here on in.

Bench was good happy to get my 140 triple \:D/

Dropped a set on dips to rest the shoulder up. good day for MT

5X5 Intense Phase week 1

103kgs

Working sets

OH pin press

3x3 @85kg

Deads

3x3 @210

Chins

1x3 @15

1x3 @25

1x3 @30 bit of a rest after 2 but got there

Tacked on assistance-lat pulldowns/seated shoulder press/face pulls/tri pushdowns/EZ bar curls.

Comments

Pin press finally started to feel good almost easy infact, 80 last 2 weeks was TOUGH but maybe without the fatigue of squats before just felt so much better today.

Deads were Baws. Hook gripped 1st set to see how that felt was ok kind of fast not too snappy though find i'm pretty slow off the floor on the 1st rep but get warmed up after that and reps 2-3 are better.

Didn't need a belt today which was odd again as 200 was such a struggle but somehow just get used to the pain and adapt had a grind on the last set probably got too c%*ky and could have belted up for this one still much easier than previous weeks.

Chins as asst were good pretty sweaty by this point getting very hot in the House nowadays must be good for the fat loss?

5X5 Intense Phase Dos

106 kgs :shock:

Squats

3x3 @170 b/w

Bench

1x3 @110

1x3 @125

1x3 @140

Power Cleans

1x3 @40

3x3 @50

Dips kg

1x3 @20

1x3 @40

1x3 @50

Comments

First of all what's up with the 3 kgs I put on in Blenheim :-s

not too bothered about but may just need to clean up the diet a bit could do with some less carbs on the non training days and pick up the GPP but hey PB rite thurr not bad for starting at 88kg in Feb.

Squats were good again had a very relaxing break lifted nothing since Friday so 170 had no issues can't wait to hit 4pps this sat.

Bench felt snappy had no shoulder issue this time for the 1st time in ages finally getting the bench back. Dips I just followed Pablo's weights pretty tough esp the 50kg but all good there.

Highlight of the day Pablo getting the best short explosion I have ever seen at the House should be on the Vid sooo many :lol:

Skills

Nice work bro, Strong bench and deadlift and squats coming up... should have got that 200, bet you do next time. Your mind quit not your body!

Thanks Harry! yeah had a big discussion on this and pretty much mind over matter strength is there just need to get that sweet spot between form/stance/wraps etc but i'd be pretty happy to sink that 200 once and for all and kill the other 2 lifts to make me feel better.

see as you come up your body folds a bit in the mid upper back and your elbows flare back, you can't recover from that. If you can keep your posture tight and sit back a bit more upright. It's going to fly up.

Do you think that is due to a weak core or just not used to the weight on the shoulders?

Weight on the shoulders and partly cos of how you come out of the hole... watch your 180, you go down nice and upright, then when you hit bottom you come up and a bit forward, catch it and straighten. It's just postural not core related. Your body is strong as evidenced by your massive deads, Maybe try keep your head up a bit more and try and get those elbows under the bar more. The more you can keep the elbows forward the more your body will stay upright.

Wicked thanks for the help i'll give it a go on our last heavy day before comp take some footage and post it back up if you don't mind checking back in (either tonight or Thursdays session) see how we go.

This is 1st time i've really implemented Deads into a programe so really happy they have gone up a bit in the past 9 weeks.

Wicked thanks for the help i'll give it a go on our last heavy day before comp take some footage and post it back up if you don't mind checking back in (either tonight or Thursdays session) see how we go.

This is 1st time i've really implemented Deads into a programe so really happy they have gone up a bit in the past 9 weeks.

Yeah for sure... you got the squatting king right there with you as well in Drizzt! His form from that bottom position is awesome! Definitely lots to take from that.

Yeah for sure... you got the squatting king right there with you as well in Drizzt! His form from that bottom position is awesome! Definitely lots to take from that.

I know what a freak huh! I have pretty emulated his style along the way except for the low bar position becuase I found I didn't help me anymore than a high SO after would you have mentioned perhaps i'll adapt the low bar stance (as I 1st started in PL) that should help with the elbows and being more tight up top.

Actually can't wait to Squat now love learning new stuff or things to improve and trying them out ASAP.

Thanks again Kudos

Haha my tech was ugly as coming out of the hole on 260! :x Elbows flew back which made the bar want to roll over my head, fight or flight kicked in and managed to get it up quickly enough for it not to matter, phew.

But yeah have been chatting to MT about bar position and stuff, he's really kinda mirroring myself from earlier this year (apart from the stronger bench lol) in that the squat got to a certain point and wouldn't move, but the deads were pretty good. Just a bit more time on technique and the gains will come :nod:

Haha my tech was ugly as coming out of the hole on 260! :x Elbows flew back which made the bar want to roll over my head, fight or flight kicked in and managed to get it up quickly enough for it not to matter, phew.

But yeah have been chatting to MT about bar position and stuff, he's really kinda mirroring myself from earlier this year (apart from the stronger bench lol) in that the squat got to a certain point and wouldn't move, but the deads were pretty good. Just a bit more time on technique and the gains will come :nod:

Well I did notice that with the 260 but it was a PB... and you caught it well and looked like you actually had more in you to be honest. So I am thinking a 270+ is coming.

A change of bar position will help him a lot and yep just getting into it. He's been coming up in strides this year anyways so not like he can complain!

A change of bar position will help him a lot and yep just getting into it. He's been coming up in strides this year anyways so not like he can complain!

Too true, 125-195 in squat and he's disappointed he isn't hitting 200 :crazy:

117.5(touch'n'go)-150(paused) bench, and 150(?)-245 dead. Not bad for 8-9 months work :nod:

117.5(touch'n'go)-150(paused) bench, and 150(?)-245 dead. Not bad for 8-9 months work :nod:

See when you break it down like that, all of a sudden I don't like him anymore lol... mind you what have you put on your pb squat? 35k so far since your last meet... yep good hard solid work!!

See when you break it down like that, all of a sudden I don't like him anymore lol... mind you what have you put on your pb squat? 35k so far since your last meet... yep good hard solid work!!

All natty too! lol Yes it's been a good a year for us both good to have a TP that keeps me on track.

And hence why I need to learn so much in so little time never done big weights before PL so always soaking up what I can as fast as I can.

Would be hoping for Drizzt's Squat numbers maybe end of Next year. :computer:

Here we go just a practice run on 170 playing around with Wraps. Bar is low and feet close

For a comparison here is 170 x3 on the 25th Oct

I think the difference is pretty clear bar look like it's traveling in more of a straight up and down motion and allot faster torso was tight today deep breathes.

Yeah thanks man, Depth aside that should come right with the heavier weight but think it could have been a wrap issue the whole time.

Good spotting Drizzt and thanks Harry for your helpful advices. Mrs said if I get the 200 she will shout me dinner somewhere nice hope it's a payday MT gone take advantage of that offer.

BBRO

102 flat :pfft:

Squatzinator

180-miss (lockout)

200-miss (depth)

Benchinator

150-miss (stapled)

150-miss (heels)

Deadzinator

230-miss (liftoff)

Totalz 570 +55 Comp Totalz

Comments

Well no PBs and didn't hit anywhere near where I was capable of but s*#t I had so much fun it was so worth it! OB and Ruth you guys run such a good show I was so humbled to be on the same platform as Costa and PT same div as the strongest mo fos in the 105 Zane and Leti was just great.

Squatz felt pretty damn good should have smoked that 200 but missed depth by what must have been a few centimeters no struggle at all so confident it is there one day not disappointed with that.

Bench was pretty rubbish smashed 150 but f*@king heel raised a bit and got 3 reds wasn't too happy at all.

Deads were average not sure what happened with my opener hips were very high and didn't even get to knees to that stuffed up my attempt at 250 as I had to repeat 230 then jump to 240 got that out very easy again not happy but hey still learning.

Thanks to all the came to support us was fantastic good to meet some cats from NZBB too. Thanks to Drizzt for keeping me in line Ian for running cards OB for being the man and again all the supporters too many to name but you know who you are