Ice Cream

danellaj

money is everythng for them.. they control what happens and what doesnt,, i dont have any references to prove it ,, just search on the net im sure you will find some eye opening facts

:shock: if you search for any conspiracy theory on the net there's bound too be posts on it,not too mention 100's of websites, you could prove any thing you wanted if you went by everything you read on the net, show me a clinical study that shows artificial sweeteners cause cancer(which is often the main claim with artificial sweeteners) :twisted:

• 3 months later...
money is everythng for them.. they control what happens and what doesnt,, i dont have any references to prove it ,, just search on the net im sure you will find some eye opening facts

The sugar lobby is more powerful than the sweetner lobby mate.

Run by bunch of sleazy ants. :pfft:

• 1 month later...
Where do you get sugar free caramel sauce from? :grin:

Sorry all, I was based overseas when I wrote this post.... prob cant get it in NZ?

And yes does have artificial sweetener in it, but I figured a tablespoon or two every now and then wont kill me

• 3 months later...

no - quite right it prob wont. Problem with real icecream is I dont stop at a tablespoon or two - blink and the container is gone - Gobble gobble gobble - figured it was easier to come up with an alternative to having the stuff in the house.

• 3 weeks later...

Where do you get sugar free caramel sauce from?

you can make it with your own hand.

Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce recipe:

1/2 cup erythritol

1/2 tablespoon honey

1/4 cup organic heavy cream

1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon pure stevia extract

caramel sauce, measure out cream and vanilla and set aside. Heat 1/2 cup erythritol and 1/2 tablespoon (1 and 1/2 teaspoons) honey in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Swirl pan occasionally until all erythritol is dissolved. Watch the color of the dissolved sweeteners closely, and pull from the heat when it turns a dark amber color (do not let mixture turn black!) Add cream and vanilla immediately. It will foam up considerably. Stir mixture until caramel sauce is smooth. Stir in stevia. Pour into a metal or glass bowl and set aside.

or you can buy sugar free caramel sauce in online suppliers.

[MOD EDIT: This user has been identified as a spammer and banned.]

Sounds amazing! I think I'll skip the xylitol (My son's charlotte pediatrician tells me it's pretty bad for you), but definitely throw some sugar-free caramel sauce in there! :) We can always reach a balance with healthy food if we try!

Your son's paediatrician is yet another example of a doctor that doesn't know shit about nutrition and is parroting media-fuelled broscience instead of doing some simple research

Xylitol has no known toxicity in humans although it will cause laxative effects if eaten to excess due to the incomplete digestion of polyols. The xyltol group in the study below consumed 1.5kg a month for 2 years and only got the mild shits and some roaring farts, and even that varied by individual

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/783060

It also doesn't rot teeth, doesn't screw with insulin levels, may improve bone density, may increase white blood cell count and reduce oral candida infections and ear infections

Almost all of the artificial sweetener scare stories are poor science funded by the sugar industry (srs) or uninformed people on blogs going on crusades because someone they know got sick and they heard sweeteners could do that so must be the sweeteners...

So use them! erythritol is even better as it has almost 0 calories in effect whereas xylitol will provide some (though less than sugar). As long as you don't over eat them you wont get GI upsets but who wants to eat that much sugar/sweet shit anyway? Time for a diet overhaul perhaps. If it is just on rare occasions then just eat god damn sugar lol

These things don't get approved without extensive testing. It annoys me when I see people blurting out that sweeteners are bad for you, when... they simply are not. Aspartame gives you brain cancer? Get the fukc outta here lol

lol dont believe everythng they tell you..... what they are putting in the sugar free product is most probly ten times as bad as just sugar

No. Just no.

• 1 month later...
5 egg whites beaten till stiff peaks form

fold in a scoop of any protein powder you like (I choose 100% whey vanilla ice cream flavor)

add a table spoon of xylitol or other sweetener of choice (or skip it if your hard core)

Freeze for a few hours

the other thing i do sometimes is put a bit of sugar free caramel sauce in the top and gently swirl it in (makes caramel swirl ice cream)

Its incredible!!!!!

Man, this sounds good! I'll have to give it a try sometime

[MOD EDIT: This user has been identified as a spammer and banned.]

Sounds amazing! I think I'll skip the xylitol (My son's charlotte pediatrician tells me it's pretty bad for you), but definitely throw some sugar-free caramel sauce in there! :) We can always reach a balance with healthy food if we try!

Your son's paediatrician is yet another example of a doctor that doesn't know shit about nutrition and is parroting media-fuelled broscience instead of doing some simple research

Xylitol has no known toxicity in humans although it will cause laxative effects if eaten to excess due to the incomplete digestion of polyols. The xyltol group in the study below consumed 1.5kg a month for 2 years and only got the mild shits and some roaring farts, and even that varied by individual

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/783060

It also doesn't rot teeth, doesn't screw with insulin levels, may improve bone density, may increase white blood cell count and reduce oral candida infections and ear infections

Almost all of the artificial sweetener scare stories are poor science funded by the sugar industry (srs) or uninformed people on blogs going on crusades because someone they know got sick and they heard sweeteners could do that so must be the sweeteners...

So use them! erythritol is even better as it has almost 0 calories in effect whereas xylitol will provide some (though less than sugar). As long as you don't over eat them you wont get GI upsets but who wants to eat that much sugar/sweet shit anyway? Time for a diet overhaul perhaps. If it is just on rare occasions then just eat god damn sugar lol

These things don't get approved without extensive testing. It annoys me when I see people blurting out that sweeteners are bad for you, when... they simply are not. Aspartame gives you brain cancer? Get the fukc outta here lol

lol dont believe everythng they tell you..... what they are putting in the sugar free product is most probly ten times as bad as just sugar

No. Just no.

Awesome post bro!