NTH SHORES STRONGEST MAN

tomsammce

Weigh in - 9am

Start - 10am

RSVP if you wish to compete - max of 10 competitors per division.

...Everyone else come down and watch what will be a great day of action.

Events and Rules

1.Truck Pull arm over arm (Novice - 1.5 tonne) (Open 2-3 tonne)

Individual will be seated in a fixed position and will have to pull truck 25m

2. Farmers walk (Novice 83kg) (Open 115kg)

Pick up walk with the bars around a 50meter course which will involve walking 25 meters around a cone and back 25 meters - (no rolling the bars they must be carried).

3. Overhead Medley (Novice 35kg powerbag, 36kg D/B, 70kg Axel, 85kg Log) (Open: 50kg powerbag, 50kg D/B, 100kg Axel, 110kg Log)

Competitors will lift the powerbag overhead and lock elbows then put powerbag down (no dropping). Then lift the D/B overhead (any method) with one arm, then put it down then lift it with the other arm. Then they will have to do one rep of the axel at the specified weight and one with the Log at the specified weight. Fastest time wins.

4. Rising Bar Max Deadlift (Novice Start 120kg, Opens 180kg)

Competitors will have 30 seconds to complete each lift, will go up in 20kgs each time, competitors choose when they want to lift. Heaviest lift wins. No Straps.

5. Tyre Flip - Novice (approx 200kg)

Novices will need to flip a tyre down a 25m course - fastest time wins.

Open(280kg tyre and 360kg tyre medley).

Opens will flip the 280kg tyre five times before flipping the 360kg tyre 3 times. Fastest time wins.

we have just organised some cool prices, including protein and weight gain powders and energy replacements from Horleys, hoodies with NSSM on it; and fully kitted out first aid kits (to patch up the Gangas u grab on sat night). prices for top 3 in each class as well as others for showing determination, sportsmanship etc. Hail or shine this sat at 10am. may the strongest win

I'm gonna do this one! should be good fun.

who else gonna come compete and/or watch? ill take my camera to get some snaps thru out the day to post back on here along with a report of the day... too easy!

this is perfect comp for u guys thinking of having a go for the first time with all the novice events and weights quite do-able.... SO WHY NOT? SHOW EVERYONE WATCHA GOT!

lol i wont win anyway, just doing for fun and do best i can.... ohh come on mate! wheres the versatility? jack of all trades master of none! get ur ass down there and compete! lol

ya know wheres all the big guys... come at the comp bro! android, wannabejakd lets go show us what these jucied up physiques can do eh how bout it...

lol i wont win anyway, just doing for fun and do best i can.... ohh come on mate! wheres the versatility? jack of all trades master of none! get ur ass down there and compete! lol

ya know wheres all the big guys... come at the comp bro! android, wannabejakd lets go show us what these jucied up physiques can do eh how bout it...

thats the key mate, good to catch up 8)

From Powerhouse - Hayden K:

Another very successful competition comes to an end. From all perspectives it was a very enjoyable day. The crowd appreciated the close competition and the regular updates meant they were well informed to what was going on (thanks Danny). The competition between strongmen in both classes was so close all the way to the last event.

Mike Olsen was in second equal place with Jono leading into the last event, the tyre flip. First time competitor Colm was in first, only one point ahead of Jono and Mike. Mike managed to win the tyre flip by 0.7 seconds to secure first place overall. Jono and Colm equalled on points for overall second with the official 2nd placing going to Jono because he placed first in the overhead Medley.

CONGRATULATIONS Mike Olsen on your second consecutive North Shore Strongest man title.

CONGRATULATIONS also to Sean Poole, the winner of the Novice division. Sean beat a very competitive field, including last years winner, to secure the title for the NZ fire department. Well done Sean, and all the other novice competitors for showing the crowd some very gutsy lifting.

There were too many highlights on the day to mention, with some very big deadlifting from the novices, Tommy '2 guns' McInerney smashing the truck pull, Jono firing up and flying through the overhead Medley after fluffing the farmers walk, and many more.

Sorry i dont have all the novice placing details and individual event results, maybe Justin or another organiser can post them.

yeah brah, was mint i won the truck pull by about 4 seconds from the next fastest guy.. that was first event... next farmers walk and over head medley were fucken fails lol i didnt finish either... deadlift i did a 260kg deadlift up nicley probs could got 265-270 i reckon.. which i was really happy with 260kg seeing at the novice PL comp my 260 didnt have a shit show of coming up AND I WAS 6KG HEAVIER AT THE NOVICE PL COMP! only weighed 95kg today... fat aint strong lol.. then tyre flips i did 5 of 280kg tyre then lifted 360kg tyre up and couldnt be fucked so dropped it and called it a day... didnt put my big night tonight at risk with a snapped achilles or anything lol. all and all a fun day for me and pleased with results since did no specific training for it.

big ups to danny and big bald nick for marshalling! my best mate marc went down in the novice class he got second to the winner but was only 82kg and the winner was 107kg! they were first equal also going into the tyre flip which made for an exciting last event!

mike kingsnorth and his partner gave up their day and set up a tent and for BSc supplements and gave free tasting a sample and provided prizes for the winners etc... shot mike and BSc! next time u should compete brah!

sun was out for a few hours so everyone got a nice tan, and there was a big crowd way bigger than i expected which is good to get the adrenaline pumping and make u wanna lift more just like when theres a sluzz in the gym and u lift more ya know!

thanks justin and was nice knowing you! all the best in aussie mate.

Tom, nxt time put some fucking shoes on for the Tyre flips! :lol::lol: ...Its wasnt Westaucklands strongest Rangi bruv! :pfft: :pfft: Jokes aside. Great turnout was awsome to catch up with some of the Boys and the events ran smooth like butter

Awsome work for Mike and BSc setting up the tent etc like tom said :clap:

Tom, nxt time put some fucking shoes on for the Tyre flips! :lol::lol: ...Its wasnt Westaucklands strongest Rangi bruv! :pfft: :pfft: Jokes aside. Great turnout was awsome to catch up with some of the Boys and the events ran smooth like butter

99/100 people surveyed on the day about Tom going tyre flipping etc in bare feet had the same repsonse:

WTF? :pfft:

99/100 people surveyed on the day about Tom going tyre flipping etc in bare feet had the same repsonse:

WTF? :pfft:

RAW brah... na i did deadlift in barefeet and felt good, and tyre flipping kinda like deadlifting but not really... id had enough of the day by the time tyre flip came round was just like whatever lol

Some pics of the day...

The mighty Red Machine prepares to dominate the rubber

Riktyres-500w-1.jpg

Winner (2nd year in a row Nick Olsen)

Nick.jpg

Wookie (Big Mac) owning a 360kg tyre

Wookietyre2.jpg

Tom getting owned by a 360kg tyre :lol: Seriously heavy bit of rubber and Tom knocked it over the 5 times bare footed! Could of least worn jandals brah :lol:

Tomtyre.jpg

He wore shoes for his farmers walk though - smart move

Tom-fw.jpg

Wookie smashed the overhead medley!

Wookielog.jpg

Red Machine smashed the overhead medley!

Rik-log.jpg

Tom gave it a good lash too - leg drive bro - drive that 100kg axle bar up!

Tom-oh.jpg

Red machine - tyre wizard! fast up the track as usual bro

Riktyreflip.jpg

Wookie deadlift - this was like a speed rep too!

wookiedl.jpg

Red Machine - solid pull with plenty left in the tank

Rikkidl.jpg

Tom pulled a good fast deadlift too

Tomdead.jpg

Truck pull was overhand this year - tough event - Colm smashed it!

tall.jpg

Justin Keogh - in his last NZSM event (moving to Oz) and all round good guy and SM wizard gives a lesson on flippin the tyre

JKtyre.jpg

Haden Kumerich put in a solid effort all day. Added a nice touch by presenting Justin with a stainless steel replica of a SM Log for his dedication to the sport too

Haden with the farmers walk

HK-fw.jpg

Good day - Cheers!