Top Gym Peeves & Etiquette Breaches

Coconut Maximus

just a matter of form, lots ppl being top heavy (chicken legs, sup?), lame ass convo's and disproportionate ego. doesn't bother me personally (just hard not to notice), so not gonna bother with specific examples

specific examples go. money where your mouth is

just a matter of form, lots ppl being top heavy (chicken legs, sup?), lame ass convo's and disproportionate ego. doesn't bother me personally (just hard not to notice), so not gonna bother with specific examples

That's me! All of these, chicken legs, big ego etc etc etc everything except for the super tight singlets.. I think IDW or TWL stole them all LMAO

"money where your mouth is" :oops:

i had thought my general examples were enough, given my comment was directed more towards the anal guys (no offense to them), than towards the guys who don't care

loveggs' post on page 7 is a good example. it isn't uncommon to see real cocky guys, guys who clearly haven't put any real time into the gym, walking around with their t shirt sleeves rolled up (that's a peeve of mine, now that i think about it), gazing into the mirror every chance they get. these same guys tend to get in your way while you try to grab a dumbbell (agentorange, bottom of page 7), and have the nerve to look annoyed and deliberately take their time to move when you say, "excuse me, please". they end up doing weird, half-assed variations of the arnold press using really light weight (hence "disproportionate ego"). that, or joining their friends curling/pressing the bar in the squat rack (a peeve mentioned various times in this thread)

again, i don't really give a shit, i'm mainly thinking of posts others have made, such as the posts on page 7 :wink:

lol, one thing i did find funny though. was on leg press yesterday when a big guy comes and hops onto the leg press next to me. doesn't put any weight on, just does some really fast presses over and over again. that's okay, of course, but the uncomfortable part was that he lifted his shirt up and rolled it under his neck, with his huge, hairy breasts/belly bared for the world to see :x i tried not to look but the damn guy jiggled like jello every time he locked his legs out

Lol I know the guy your talking about, the big indian looking guy aye? he does that every time on the leg press, good on him for making the effort but he needs to keep it covered up haha. I hope that half arsed arnold press with light weights isn't me learning to do shoulder bombs :pfft: .

Lol I know the guy your talking about, the big indian looking guy aye? he does that every time on the leg press, good on him for making the effort but he needs to keep it covered up haha. I hope that half arsed arnold press with light weights isn't me learning to do shoulder bombs :pfft: .

yep thats him :P

lol, naw, don't think we go at the same time so couldn't comment on that :wink:

k well most of the shit you described is with gyms in general..

except:

the uncomfortable part was that he lifted his shirt up and rolled it under his neck, with his huge, hairy breasts/belly bared for the world to see :x i tried not to look but the damn guy jiggled like jello every time he locked his legs out
f*ck that is disgusting.

k well most of the shit you described is with gyms in general..

except:

the uncomfortable part was that he lifted his shirt up and rolled it under his neck, with his huge, hairy breasts/belly bared for the world to see :x i tried not to look but the damn guy jiggled like jello every time he locked his legs out
f*ck that is disgusting.

So judgemental, that's just how I am comfortable!

Ok I've finally come up with a couple...

The recent infestation of young skinny guys that have appeared, adorned in "Not Big Enough" branded T-shirts. Sure they're cool shirts, nice logo, love the name and all it implies...but the irony appears to be lost on them, that they are, in fact, nowhere near big, let alone big enough.

And what's with guys not showering after a workout??? I don't mean the ones that finish training, throw on a hoody and head home for a tidy-up. No, I'm referring to the (thankfully very small) handful of blokes I've seen change straight from workout gear into their street clothes, and in one case, suit & tie, heading back to work. Sure it doesn't really affect me, so not a true peeve, but still..... eewwwww :naughty:

Probably been mentioned here before but I hate people thinking it's ok to wonder round the changing rooms with their Jack johnson dangling in full view. What's seen can not be unseen :(

Seems to be the older generation to. There is no need for it.

haha what a little puddy cat, can't handle what the human body looks like? Harden up lol :P

Probably been mentioned here before but I hate people thinking it's ok to wonder round the changing rooms with their Jack johnson dangling in full view. What's seen can not be unseen :(

haha what a little puddy cat, can't handle what the human body looks like? Harden up lol :P

So you're saying 'harden up' when there are naked men around? Good one .

So you're saying 'harden up' when there are naked men around? Good one .

Yeah, actually I am... obviously not in the sense you're trying to bait there though. They might be naked but they don't want to bone you necessarily. There's nothing wrong with being naked... is there? I don't think so. I know what you're saying though... I used to be like that... but after a while if you think about the situation enough you end up realising that it really doesn't matter at all.

That being said, I sometimes feel a bit uneasy at Les Mills (but I bet it happens everywhere) for example when going for showers etc... there's a lot of ugly bastards there that just leer at you and are just out to cruise you... they're the ones you should direct your frustrations at bro. When I notice someone doing that I turn away and make a comment like "what a weirdo"... haha, I bet that makes them think twice the next time. Just learn to take control of the situation... make them ashamed.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a nudist at heart. lol Just get over it. :pfft: :P