Top Gym Peeves & Etiquette Breaches

Coconut Maximus

Just finished 3rd set of rockbottom 5pps squats and was setting up leg press talking to the gym owner when a rugby player walks in, loads up 4pps on the squat rack, farts around for a bit then decided to go 1 more plate a side to match what I had just squatted.

I think 'this should be good', so watch him unrack the bar, take a step back and do a set of 8 half knee bends. Not even half squats. I said to the owner loud enough for the rugby player to hear 'that's disgraceful, are you gonna kick him out or can I?'

He racked the bar and was out of there. It just pisses me off cos it cheapens what I have worked so hard to achieve.

Just finished 3rd set of rockbottom 5pps squats and was setting up leg press talking to the gym owner when a rugby player walks in, loads up 4pps on the squat rack, farts around for a bit then decided to go 1 more plate a side to match what I had just squatted.

I think 'this should be good', so watch him unrack the bar, take a step back and do a set of 8 half knee bends. Not even half squats. I said to the owner loud enough for the rugby player to hear 'that's disgraceful, are you gonna kick him out or can I?'

He racked the bar and was out of there. It just pisses me off cos it cheapens what I have worked so hard to achieve.

Saw this at the HOUSE of ALL sacred places just last week. Almost a half squat on the freggin bar!! then proceeds to belt up and same depth (lack there of) for 60kgs! strength aside if you can't squat the bar correctly GTFO.

SG, I think that's when you have to take the smile, nod and walk away approach - safe in the knowledge that you know what's going on.

I've got a few mates who always seem to think they're impressing me by telling me their gym numbers, but when it comes time to walk the walk, they're always either missing, or doing invisible-4-board presses/invisible-2.5ft box squats. I'll give them tips and help where I can, all I can hope is they take it on board, and not take it as me trying to cut them or their ego down :huh:

It's gotten to the point where I just let my mind drift away during these conversations and automatically smile and nod, saying things like "Oh really? Those are good numbers", or; "Mmhhmm, nice" :pfft:

Lazy phaggots who leave every single dumbell they use on the floor then walk off

i do this every time i do dumbell benching. leave the 45's, 47.5's and 50's on the floor then f*ck off and do something else. but normally i find these dumbells on the floor anyway, so i dont give a f*ck. someone elses problem lol

I have a few small ones but the biggy............

PUT YOUR FUCKEN WEIGHTS AWAY WHEN YOU'RE FUCKEN FINISHED dickhead

:clap: :clap:

Dont go near Porirua City Fitness then!!

It seems that its a condition of membership to load up the leg press, bench etc etc....move the weight 2 millimeters and bugger off for the next unfortunate to use.

You can remind them heaps but it falls on deaf ears or needs sub-titles some times.

Most of the young guys listen but sadly its the boof-heads who dont give a toss.

Its the girls who hate it most. Many of them use the leg press and cant stand the lazy pricks.

Thats my rant!!!......It never happened at Golds.

oh so its a city fitness thing then.Its like a haven for Knobs. :? Wait a sec Im a city fitness member too... :shock:

man, some of you guys gotta visit the auckland uni gym. shit you see in there would give you an aneurysm

Do tell....

I think the etiquette is pretty good there in terms of people putting their weights away. But I do see a lot of horrific form... quarter squats and quarter pressing, but I put that down to the majority of members being young guys who don't really know any better.

people that weigh themselves daily when they walk into the gym - gains arent made daily. if your 92kg today ur fucking guna be 92kg 2moro unless you just ate a horse

Just because you have your training and goals doesnt mean everyone is the same, people will eat drink and weigh themselves at the same time each day as a reference. I weigh myself every morning when I wake up. Umad?

people that weigh themselves daily when they walk into the gym - gains arent made daily. if your 92kg today ur fucking guna be 92kg 2moro unless you just ate a horse

Just because you have your training and goals doesnt mean everyone is the same, people will eat drink and weigh themselves at the same time each day as a reference. I weigh myself every morning when I wake up. Umad?

[MOD EDIT: No inflammatory comments, please.]

[MOD EDIT: No inflammatory comments, please.]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ2FSyWT1ldSySc8IsGgFxJ9h8oSN9oCOxs_VkilVmi0FZRpCgYn0h5QiB

I used to weigh mysef daily. Now I might weigh mysef once a week normally on a monday morning, I use this to motivate mysef for the rest of the week.

ANYWAY

my top gym peeve is when there is a group of guys sitting al over the gym gear and ony one is actually doing something and there is upwards of 6 other people watching him. Then they swap..... I know that I am not the most ripped person there but come on I go to work out not to hang around and talk to my mates. The sooner that I get in the sooner that I can leave again. =P~

ANYWAY

my top gym peeve is when there is a group of guys sitting al over the gym gear and ony one is actually doing something and there is upwards of 6 other people watching him. Then they swap..... I know that I am not the most ripped person there but come on I go to work out not to hang around and talk to my mates. The sooner that I get in the sooner that I can leave again. =P~

I like talking to the people at my gym I genuinely enjoy how their training is going how the weekend went etc though would not take up equipment that can be annoying and just stupid.

I guess on the similar page is people who take up a station or the only platform for over an hour is quite frustrating. There's only so much time you can fill in doing other exercises before you need to get your deadlift on. I don't see why you need to muck around for so long do a set, stretch do a set, chat do a set, stretch some more just do it before you get on there man.

man, some of you guys gotta visit the auckland uni gym. shit you see in there would give you an aneurysm

Do tell....

I think the etiquette is pretty good there in terms of people putting their weights away. But I do see a lot of horrific form... quarter squats and quarter pressing, but I put that down to the majority of members being young guys who don't really know any better.

yea, etiquette is good, esp on the leg press machines. i really appreciate it when ppl leave their weight on, saves me time loading it up :grin:

just a matter of form, lots ppl being top heavy (chicken legs, sup?), lame ass convo's and disproportionate ego. doesn't bother me personally (just hard not to notice), so not gonna bother with specific examples

OT, my pet peeves would be people curling in the squat rack (not the big guys, the skinny guys with their shirt sleeves rolled up curling the bar), and having to wait for a large group of ppl to finish using a piece of equipment, eg the squat rack. not that waiting bothers me *that* much, it just doesn't make sense to me... whole lot of guys using the same thing, that's a lot of time standing around waiting for your next set

Dudes that only work their arms.

got a guy like this in my gym. I was going to ask if he has just got out of a wheel chair his legs were so skinny. haha

haha its even worse when they take up the only squat rack to do fucking bicep curls

woops i see the guy ahead me has allready mentioned that, should read a bit closer next time