NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Coconut Maximus

Top Gym Peeves & Etiquette Breaches

People who fill up the bucket for the sauna and one gets a blast of cold water while one is having a nice warm shower after training.

People who leave their towels on equipment and have 10 minute chats in between sets on the other side of the gym with their mates.

Some fella was supersetting hack squats with dips during my workout yesterday. I just grabbed his towel off the Hack Squat and threw it on the ground and did my set. :) If you're not on the machine don't come up to me and say "I'm using this.". Cuz you are not!

People who leave their towels on equipment and have 10 minute chats in between sets on the other side of the gym with their mates.

Some fella was supersetting hack squats with dips during my workout yesterday. I just grabbed his towel off the Hack Squat and threw it on the ground and did my set. :) If you're not on the machine don't come up to me and say "I'm using this.". Cuz you are not!

You must be huge :roll:

the arrogant attitude of some of the mass monsters in our gym. Size doesn't give you license to disrespect other members

kinda does in a way, i guess if some skinny fuckwit is doing 25kg lat pulldowns and not trying hard they are a waste of space and should f*ck off and take up stamp collecting instead. (just sayin)

WORD 8)

...and the significance of them being Maori is...?

LOL - I'm picking one of them was actually Specter CM.... I'll check on friday but he fits the description and he's a known sweaty bastard! :pfft: :grin:

:lol: I will make the effort to clean myself up before we start training on Friday 8)

anyway...I am allowed to abuse those who share the gifted genetic heritage of confusing dumbells for the changing room coat racks etc...its my god given biological right!

LOL

People who walk in front when one is doing cable crossovers

Waht to do: As soon as they are in front of you, give out the loudest grunt (as if youve hit your PB) and watch them jump lol possibly kill your mental lifting buzz but fuckin funny as hell 8)

As for peeve, that dickhead of a little voice in my head telling me that I'm not big enuf :evil:

My pet peeve is when you turn up to the gym you've paid for a membership with only to find out they've been evicted and no longer exist.

No way! How recent was that, and where?

I have been reading this thread for a couple of weeks now. I wonder why I don't get irritated with some of the guys in my gym. But, today I finally got irritated with this guy who does barbell curls of 40kg using momentum and arching his whole back just to finish every rep. Normally, I just ignore it but this guy thinks he is so much better than me. I hate it when he glares at me after he finishes his sets like saying "I have less muscle than you, but I'm stronger." I'm a beginner too but I have never had that kind of attitude towards other people. I wanted to talk to him but didn't want to look like a douche. I hope I don't see him every Saturday.

Following on from gymrat's post, I hate people who feel the need to do cable cross overs 10m out from the cable station, usually using way too much weight that they need to put their entire body weight on the cable just to bring the cable handles down. They then proceed to do "cable cross overs" taking the "crossover" bit literally in a stance that looks like they are setting up to do the 100m sprint. They usually let the cables go flying backwards when they finish their set, such that the weight stack crashes down making a huge clang so they can let everyone know they just did the whole stack. Complete nuttsacks.

Same with people who wear compression gear that aren't actually tight because their legs are toothpicks. Bro you don't even train legs why are you wearing skins?

Also don't hit on girls in the gym, you have no chance and you look like a complete ass hat. Chicks already feel somewhat insecure and self concious in a gym filled with fit/buff people and are well aware that guys are eye fucking them through an intricate system of vectors and angles bouncing off each mirror in the gym such that Pythagoras himself would be mind blown. So by all means fill your wank bank with as much "inspiration" as you require, we are men we can't help it but don't think because she checked her form in the mirror that, as the 6th in a chain of reflective surfaces that are bouncing visible light from her perfectly formed ass to your corneas, means she is in any way interested. The gym has the wrong pretext and unless she's a major sluzza, she will brush you off as a creep, hit on her once she's in the car park (srs) you will have 999999999x more chance.

Also to the PT in my gym who does circuit training on the only deadlifting platform in the whole gym: If you put as much effort into training properly as you did into making up ridiculous exercises that make no sense such as bosu ball squat with arnold presses and walking lunging bicep curls. You would be.....well no...actually, you'd still be a half wit doing kipping pullups on the squat rack.

:computer:

Also don't hit on girls in the gym, you have no chance and you look like a complete ass hat. Chicks already feel somewhat insecure and self concious in a gym filled with fit/buff people and are well aware that guys are eye fucking them through an intricate system of vectors and angles bouncing off each mirror in the gym such that Pythagoras himself would be mind blown. So by all means fill your wank bank with as much "inspiration" as you require, we are men we can't help it but don't think because she checked her form in the mirror that, as the 6th in a chain of reflective surfaces that are bouncing visible light from her perfectly formed ass to your corneas, means she is in any way interested. The gym has the wrong pretext and unless she's a major sluzza, she will brush you off as a creep, hit on her once she's in the car park (srs) you will have 999999999x more chance.

:computer:

Spoken like a true pimp :notworthy: good advices.

I have one bad music, HTF am I supposed to bang out my prescribed sets listening to a 10 min Tool track that sounds like it's on repeat for 8mins of the track!

Lol spectre and weener lad thanks for being the exception to the rule :P but i bet you guys didn't actually 'hit on her' in the gym, you probably met her there right? If not, then props you guys got game lol.

Also don't hit on girls in the gym, you have no chance and you look like a complete ass hat. Chicks already feel somewhat insecure and self concious in a gym filled with fit/buff people and are well aware that guys are eye fucking them through an intricate system of vectors and angles bouncing off each mirror in the gym such that Pythagoras himself would be mind blown.

Awesome! Lol

Crop dusters - come on guys, I don't need that when I'm pushing something hard, nor do I want to take the blame because I'm clearly giving a lot of effort on an exercise, followed by a sudden stench in my area. Do it in your own corner, or at least be subtle about it. Unlike the guy this afternoon lifting the leg and ripping one out before walking away.

Sucks more when it's the CHARMS brigade doing it...

And guys who don't wash their hands after visiting the mens. Ok, not washing after a number 1 is bad, but hardly surprising. But if I see you step out of the cubicle after dropping the kids off, walk right past me washing my hands and straight out the door back to your bench press, I'm going to tell everyone that you are spreading faecal matter on the equipment, you unhygienic caveman.

Also made worse when it is a CHARMer.

Phew, rather therapeutic to get that out there! :grin: