Top Gym Peeves & Etiquette Breaches

Coconut Maximus

the arrogant attitude of some of the mass monsters in our gym. Size doesn't give you license to disrespect other members

kinda does in a way, i guess if some skinny fuckwit is doing 25kg lat pulldowns and not trying hard they are a waste of space and should f*ck off and take up stamp collecting instead. (just sayin)

ouch! yeah so dont come to the gym unless you're already big and strong?

i understand if they're not trying, but....? just saying

People who walk in front when one is doing cable crossovers
hahaha really? if they walk too close doesn't "one" just carry on and give em a face full of metal? or do you mean when they obstruct your view in the mirror? :pfft:

No way bro I've got way more respect for the little guy busting his balls grunting his ass of to press 25kg db's than I do the big guy....it takes alot more heart and balls to put yourself out there and give it your all if you look like a joke when your doing it...I know from my own personal experience, I came from batting to press 17.5s for 8 reps and I have massive respect for little guys going hard. It's the toothpicks that stand round chucking the odd weight round 6 reps before failure that can get the f*ck out of my way.just sayin

kinda does in a way, i guess if some skinny fuckwit is doing 25kg lat pulldowns and not trying hard they are a waste of space and should f*ck off and take up stamp collecting instead. (just sayin)

ouch! yeah so dont come to the gym unless you're already big and strong?

i understand if they're not trying, but....? just saying

People who walk in front when one is doing cable crossovers
hahaha really? if they walk too close doesn't "one" just carry on and give em a face full of metal? or do you mean when they obstruct your view in the mirror? :pfft:

No way bro I've got way more respect for the little guy busting his balls grunting his ass of to press 25kg db's than I do the big guy....it takes alot more heart and balls to put yourself out there and give it your all if you look like a joke when your doing it...I know from my own personal experience, I came from batting to press 17.5s for 8 reps and I have massive respect for little guys going hard. It's the toothpicks that stand round chucking the odd weight round 6 reps before failure that can get the f*ck out of my way.just sayin

Fair do's! Anyone, skinny or not, taking up space putting in no effort pisses me off! If I'm not pouring with sweat and shaking by the end of my workout its a bust! Heavy or not I gotta have the intensity. Geeze Im clucking here for the gym! Surgeons post op (cant say or write "post op" without thinking thia lady boys for some reason?) meeting on monday. May get all clear to do some lower body weights maybe???

People that spend more time talking between sets then it takes me to to 3 or 4 sets at that station or machine.

Those 3 young cunts who think the weightroom in my gym is a good place to kick a ball around inside.

That asian fella who keeps trying to catch a look at me while I'm getting changed. Always seems to need to get something from his locker just after I've got out of the shower.

People who flog your bench when you are using a bench :roll: I had to give a guy a good blasting the other day when I was doing chest the other day.

maybe you should hurry up then... we have 2 flat benches at club physical in botany and these people do a set then f*ck around for minutes and minutes before their next set. it pisses me off, theres no need for it.

and my biggest one! fml! everyone who grabs a pair of dumbells off the dumbell rack then stands right in front of the dumbell rack and performs the exercises weather it be curls, raises or whatever... why dont they step back a couple of steps so people like me can acess the other dumbells i want to use and not have to painfully wait/watch you to finish your set that your not even doing properly!

we have 2 flat benches at club physical in botany and these people do a set then f*ck around for minutes and minutes before their next set. it pisses me off, theres no need for it.

yeah the benches/power rack/cross over cables at that gym always have high traffic...didn't even know you went there, my membership expires today, we could of had that footage for your award winning movie there

we have 2 flat benches at club physical in botany and these people do a set then f*ck around for minutes and minutes before their next set. it pisses me off, theres no need for it.

yeah the benches/power rack/cross over cables at that gym always have high traffic...didn't even know you went there, my membership expires today, we could of had that footage for your award winning movie there

brah its not a bollywood film.

A couple of Maori boys in my gym saw fit to drape their sweaty t shirts and hang their sunglasses on the dumbells the other day.....dumb maoris! :pfft:

...and the significance of them being Maori is...?

LOL - I'm picking one of them was actually Specter CM.... I'll check on friday but he fits the description and he's a known sweaty bastard! :pfft: :grin:

A couple of Maori boys in my gym saw fit to drape their sweaty t shirts and hang their sunglasses on the dumbells the other day.....dumb maoris! :pfft:

well..they werent asian or european bro..unless they have the habit of rubbing fake tan on themselves and drawing maori tats in black vivid on their arms? :clap:

LOL - I'm picking one of them was actually Specter CM.... I'll check on friday but he fits the description and he's a known sweaty bastard! :pfft: :grin:

:lol: I will make the effort to clean myself up before we start training on Friday 8)

anyway...I am allowed to abuse those who share the gifted genetic heritage of confusing dumbells for the changing room coat racks etc...its my god given biological right!

:lol: I will make the effort to clean myself up before we start training on Friday 8)

anyway...I am allowed to abuse those who share the gifted genetic heritage of confusing dumbells for the changing room coat racks etc...its my god given biological right!

You do that Specter, and I'll keep the palagi's that curl in the squat rack over there in line! :pfft: :grin:

We over discussing our lineage now? Back to what peeves me in the gym.....

The guy who came up to me in the gym saying "look at my arms bro" while flexing. He then preceeded to tell me "normal guys arms just look wrong aye", to which I replied "I'm not really interested in other peoples arms, whatever they're into is cool with me".

Now this arrogance might not have been so funny if I hadn't then seen him jump on the scales..... and clock in at a might 72kg fully clothed with shoes on. This guy is by no means ripped........ so me being me thought I'd better finish his little illusion by adding "bro, most guys here have girlfriends bigger than you"!! :pfft: :grin:

Lesson from that for me is arrogance is average! Take a lead from guys like Doc & HarryB who encourage noobs to achieve, rather than knock guys for their lack of progress! :nod: