Top Gym Peeves & Etiquette Breaches

Coconut Maximus

Gym members who bug me when I am replying back to a text message on my phone 

ummm aren't you a gym staff? phone should be in pocket, on silent and put away while on duty lol customer comes first

yes but it was during my lunch break

ah yes thats a little more annoying. when i worked on floor and was on break if i wanted to hang out i would change shirt .. or just hide outside / in break room , them customers gonna grab you otherwise lol. 

ummm aren't you a gym staff? phone should be in pocket, on silent and put away while on duty lol customer comes first

How are they suppose to know it's your lunch break?

i bet you'd wanna talk to them in your lunch break if it was about your being first world fitness staff ever to do the nats. Chris from world won't be happy about this bad customer service mate.

How are they suppose to know it's your lunch break?

i bet you'd wanna talk to them in your lunch break if it was about your being first world fitness staff ever to do the nats. Chris from world won't be happy about this bad customer service mate.

i was at world fitness the other day and this asshole staff member wouldnt help me when i was asking him to call an ambulance as an old woman had fallen over. he ignored me because he was busy texting.

currently writing a complaint on the world fitness facebook page and also fair go

gym rat do you know that might have been? looked real lean, probably a national level bodybuilder

Gym staff putting up notices telling us to put away weights after using them.

Gym staff training with weights then leaving the gym with everything still setup.  Fucked if I'm tidying up after you.

Gym staff who don't notice that used tissue in a squat rack for days.  Vacuum weekly then?

Trying to figure out what room to look in for the dumbbells I want

Trying to find 20's for rackpulls

Not having a garage 

Trainers telling newbies to use the squat rack to do incline press up, when there is only two squat racks available for everyone to use for squats.

Newbies take up the squat rack for like 30 mins just to do 4 sets of incline press ups that could easily be done on a bench anywhere else in the gym. Grrrrrrrr....

• 3 weeks later...

All seasons which was ok... Till they bought new dumbells with really thick handles and put flooring down over free weight area including under the squat rack. I left then had 6 month left on contract but told manager I joined based on what gym was at the time... Now you change it so I change my contract to finish now. Heapsa honeys though.

Then joined transform which is good but not good at peak times cause it's quite small.

Then u moved out of area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Squatting in powercage 200x5x5... Got safety bars extra low cause I squat low and I don't want the bar coming anywhere near them at the bottom of the movement. All the safety bars are to me is so bar doesn't crush me into ground. So manager is watching me squat then comes over and says I should put those safety bars up a couple of holes cause I'm clearing the two holes above easily... I had just finished my 3rd set so I was starting to get tired dunno y I listen to him but I did it and then what do you know 4th set bar bottoms out on bars and bounces me off on the fucking angle and bang lower back pinched to shit this is bullshit mates hope not srs else gonna ruin my 2015

Wish ppl would just f*ck off or if gonna watch someone train just watch don't say shit or butt in. Sorta shit that gonna make me change gyms only been there 2 weeks. Mad/10

Ooh, bugger. File an ACC claim for them. :P

I can understand new members being numpties, but staff have no excuse. A couple of weeks ago, a cute PT came over and tried to convince me to enter the gym's pushup competition.

"No thanks," says I.

"But why not? It'll be fun!"

"Because-" I growl through gritted teeth, "I'm not training chest today, I'm training back, and you're talking to me in the middle of a set!"

Ooh, bugger. File an ACC claim for them. :P

I can understand new members being numpties, but staff have no excuse. A couple of weeks ago, a cute PT came over and tried to convince me to enter the gym's pushup competition.

"No thanks," says I.

"But why not? It'll be fun!"

"Because-" I growl through gritted teeth, "I'm not training chest today, I'm training back, and you're talking to me in the middle of a set!"

Maybe he thought you were cute too and just wanted to break the ice?