Top Gym Peeves & Etiquette Breaches

Coconut Maximus

Spotters that drip sweat on your forehead while you're bench pressing, sorry Harry!! LOL

Would you prefer the spotter at the 2005(?) PLing Nationals that was commando in shorts as centre lift of for the benches. PT nearly dropped 220 on himself when getting teabagged on the lift out! :pfft: :pfft: :grin:

True story!

shit! i've been guilty of a few of these I'm reading :oops: But then my peeve is intolerance, so get fu*#ed! :twisted: hahaha

My only real peeve though in all seriousness, is hygeine! I know it can be hard for gym owners to catch who is leaving all the db's and plates around, but how hard is it to walk around and ask anyone sitting and sweating on a bench "wheres your towel mate"? no towel, no train! either go home and get it, or buy one from reception. is that unreasonable?

......oh and juuuuust one other liiitle thing, whats with the ppl who use machines for things they're totally not intended for? like the calf raise machine for short range squats? :doh: or the guy using the seated cable row machine for curls when there were 3 other cable machines suited to curls available but no other seated cable rows when I was waiting to do.......yep seated cable rows!

The guys who ignored the 3 other seated WG cable pull down machines (fixed wide bar), and decided to put a wide bar on the only CG pull down machine in the gym? :x

rant over! :lol:

Spotters that drip sweat on your forehead while you're bench pressing, sorry Harry!! LOL

Would you prefer the spotter at the 2005(?) PLing Nationals that was commando in shorts as centre lift of for the benches. PT nearly dropped 220 on himself when getting teabagged on the lift out! :pfft: :pfft: :grin:

True story!

no f**k'n way!

that wud never happen with BBer's...shrinkage

Biggest peeve would be getting gorked at for your whole workout.

Would depend who's doing the gorking :wink:

Ego-lifters interested only in piling on the plates, making a shit load of psych-up noise to 'announce' to everyone 'look at me', only to do quarter-reps!! FFS!! And to top it off, they don't unload the bar! God give me strength!

Personal trainers who think it's ok to dominate 4 pieces of equipment and a million dumbells so their clients can do giant sets! Especially when they use the squat rack for those stupid inverted row things... I just load the bar up and squat! They have a whinge and I tell them I will squat while they are on their other station. It makes them unhappy but they piss off eventually