Why does TALL equal STRONG?

Jigga

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give PD a break, the man's on low carbs! :grin:

PMan / HarryB / SFS hit it on the head though that hard work isn't always as one perceives. PD's view of hard work is that of a traditional BBer, one who hasn't discovered the joys of "Sheiko Flu" which occurs despite the submaximal weights used.

For most people, volume or tonnage or intensity etc or whatever measure YOU use, will probably determine what YOU define as hard work. The lads above are recognising that hard work does not only come in one form.

Hard work is the journey, results are the destination. So whether you use high intensity or high volume etc really doesn't matter as long as you acheive the goals you set. No point being the biggest benching BBer on stage or the guy with the best abs at a PLing comp! :pfft: :grin:

Back on track.

Does tall equal strong? Methinks its more a product of BIG = STRONG :nod:

I think we can sum this up now...

Bodybuilding training > Powerlifting

The main reason I was sticking 200k overhead, front squatting over 250 and going for a stroll with 165k in each hand, was because I'm 6'4. I never did forced reps and stuff, imagine if I did?

I think it is clear the more muscle you have, the stronger you are. From the first post, I think the debate is about the trade-off:

More muscle mass but long levers

vs

Short levers but less muscle mass

That sounds better, I guess in application to everyone here its clear you cant do a lot with your levers in terms of bone length or insertions/origins, so there is nothing to do but pile on the mass if you want to be stronger.

As always the answer to the question is "time to go and eat more" :pfft: :grin:

I think we can sum this up now...

Bodybuilding training > Powerlifting

The main reason I was sticking 200k overhead, front squatting over 250 and going for a stroll with 165k in each hand, was because I'm 6'4. I never did forced reps and stuff, imagine if I did?

:lol: :clap: see you saturday bro

ohhhh..Petey :grin:

You're a straight talker bro and everyone likes a straight talker. Seems theres a way to get strong and a way to grow muscle thingys and they both differ a wee bit...its just the wee bit that got in trubs here buddy :lol:

Now come over here and stand on that chair and I'll give you a hug :grin:

no homo

PD, I wasn't offended.

Be grateful you don't have to bench with a 6'5 armspan, or pull your deads 30% higher.

Be grateful you can stand in a mosh pit and still see what the f*ck is going on lol

Just push them over and stand on them PD... that's how I did it... before I got too old.... lol

but seriously,

no point fussing over height and discussing weather your at a disadvantage because your shorter than that guy, or saying that guy should be stronger because hes taller... some people are just stronger than other people. period.

no need for getting all catty and bitchy about the powerlifters and bodybuilders.. everyone just doing what they do and if they enjoy doing it then thats the main thing.

tall doesnt equal shit and neither does short... if you talking about strongman well i did one on the weekend and i was probably the shortest in my class i won the event (truck pull) where height should give the best advantage longer arms = longer pulls, longer back = longer back lean to pull the truck.... so for example everyone 5 arm pulls for the taller guy woulda equalled maybe 6 for me... see what im saying, maybe thats totally wrong lol but thats how i saw it..

i came dead last in other events like over head medley where im shorter so have a shorter range of movement to complete lifts.

anyways, height got nothing to do with it imo at least at this level... there are much more dominating things tghat will give u the edge... what im saying is there aint really any elite strongment on here at WSM level where the only difference between the competitors is height. everyone on this forum is doing shit different and thats the difference... the difference aint height.