First cycle

ape

Cheers guys, that's interesting about the carbs. Now I am not arguing with anyone but I can only go off what i'm told, you know what I mean? Anyway, the guy I train with, he's a very good size and has competed once with his next comp in May in Tauranga. He gave me my diet and has told me not to eat any carbs at all after the workout which is generally around 7pm. Hence why I have no carbs with dinner ect.. I'll add them to my diet and see how I get on.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, that's interesting about the carbs. Now I am not arguing with anyone but I can only go off what i'm told, you know what I mean? Anyway, the guy I train with, he's a very good size and has competed once with his next comp in May in Tauranga. He gave me my diet and has told me not to eat any carbs at all after the workout which is generally around 7pm. Hence why I have no carbs with dinner ect.. I'll add them to my diet and see how I get on.

Wow that's bad advice. Why not eat any carbs after 7? Especially seeing as you are trying to gain weight and especially as its post workout. Definitely eat carbs post workout. I would recommend a tin of creamed rice in your shake or dextrose as Southern Samurai mentioned. Not sure about the coke suggestion :-s

You might have to break the bad news to your mate that the CNIs in Tauranga in May have been cancelled :(

Simple carbs essentially equivalent - can't say it enough.

Dextrose, Raro, Coke doesn't matter at all PWO - essentially the same. They will all raise blood sugar in a good timeframe. Dextrose being a glucose monosaccharide is just a bit more quickly absorbed. Hardly essential, but good if you can easily get it.

Main thing is that you don't stay catabolic long after your workout and that you get home and have a proper whole meal. What I myself do is save some food in my lunchbox for the day and have an actual proper meal straight after my workouts. Can't beat that.

You should know all this SG, and if you didn't, now you do.

The caffeine in the regular coke is the only thing that mightn't be a good idea to be ingesting too late in the afternoon.

IDW personally I could never down something fizzy after a hard leg or back session :?

What Soundsgood suggested will work well, why restrict carbs post w.o?

If I don't have carbs after a hard leg or back workout my recovery will be hindered heaps. Glucose+protein-shuttled to muscle after a hard train= recovery (muscle growth *assuming calorie surplus*)

IDW personally I could never down something fizzy after a hard leg or back session :?

If I don't have carbs after a hard leg or back workout my recovery will be hindered heaps. Glucose+protein-shuttled to muscle after a hard train= recovery (muscle growth *assuming calorie surplus*)

Harden up. Can't down something fizzy after a workout. Hahaha!

Obviously I say have carbs post workout... do you even read? Or is that a question for the OP? It's a bit unclear who that is directed at. If me, then I suggest you re-read or go on Wikipedia and read up a bit on simple carbohydrates.

Not angry/10

Harden up. Can't down something fizzy after a workout. Hahaha!

Obviously I say have carbs post workout... do you even read? Or is that a question for the OP? It's a bit unclear who that is directed at. If me, then I suggest you re-read or go on Wikipedia and read up a bit on simple carbohydrates.

Not angry/10

Question is directed at OP, asking why he would restrict carbs post w.o when he is trying to grow.

Yes simple carbs are essential post w.o (in before IIFYM).

Yeah if I have coke it would bloat me and I won't be able to have my post w.o solid meal.

• 1 month later...

What are your thoughts on having 25mg of Dbol before each work out for the next four weeks? This will be the last four weeks of my sus/deca cycle. I'll run nolva for these four weeks and then the four weeks after my cycle ends.. I know it's better to have to kick start a cycle but any issues running at the end of a cycle?

What are your thoughts on having 25mg of Dbol before each work out for the next four weeks? This will be the last four weeks of my sus/deca cycle. I'll run nolva for these four weeks and then the four weeks after my cycle ends.. I know it's better to have to kick start a cycle but any issues running at the end of a cycle?

Cut out the Deca 2 weeks before the Test & replace it with Dbol.....

Why run Nolva before your cycle finishes...?

Didn't I read somewhere Nolva is best not run with a 19-nor....?????

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I won't be running the nolva until I finish the cycle and then only if I have issues. I have my dbol at 5pm and hit the gym at 6. But I also have a decent meal at 4.30. Would eating a meal close to taking dbol have an effect on it?

Take your Dbol before your meal if you're concerned about it...

Regards 19-nors with Nolva..... I thought Nolva could upregulate progesterone receptors in some individuals making some people more suseptable to prolactin induced gyno..?

I thought Nolva upregulated estrogen receptor sites in the short term aggravating progesterone related gynecomastia for some individuals....

In the long run however, everyone will experience PGR downregulation, but by then will gyno have already formed in some people....?

Isn't the best policy to Implement Nolva 4 weeks after a 19-nor cycle to down regulate PGR receptors...?

hmm first cycle... test, deca, dbol, nolva...

completely unessercery.

this is my second cycle..

sus/deca combo with a littel dbol in for good measure. Running the dbol for four weeks only. nolva for after cycle if needed.

• 1 month later...

Hey. I had my last shot on the 23rd of April. Then started my PCT (nolva only at 20mg a day) on May the 3rd. So it's been 19 days since the end of my cycle. Still another 3 weeks to go of Nolva. I guess this is just what happens after a cycle but I am still lifting the same weights but my body is getting a bit bashed around. My biceps in particular are getting pains in them clsoe to my elbows. I'm also noticing my back is starting to get sore. Should I slow down a little? As I training the same as when I was on gear. I guess I have gone back to Clark Kent instead of Superman. Next cycle will start hopefully in 7 weeks after my doctor gives me the go ahead.