Anyone interested in an online competition?

of_wolf_and_man

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its been a couple of months since i picked up the weights, lost a bit of flab and enjoying it !! :)

You need to snap off a few before pics now then ! Go for the most improved. j/k

Good to hear that you are getting back into training. Its good to have a break though

yo brad didnt u do it last time as well? i think it was you and u were lookin pretty good so i'd imagine u'd be lookin even better by now. it'd be great to see jono make a come back if that was possible. and i thikn pseudo will be lookn pretty awesome too cuz he was lookn sharp in the last set of pics in the NZBB challenge.

i reckon heaps of people should just give it a go. theres not as much pressure or stress as doing a real comp and it'll provide the extra motivation that you've always been lookin for! (for me anyway...)

Well, I'm not sure about the timeframe. Last year we ran it from July to December, and that was perfect - it gave us two 10-week intervals, which was enough time to see decent progress, and we finished in time for summer, and before everyone's Christmas parties started. We've left it a bit late for that this time though... so has anyone got another suggestion?

Here are the rules from last year's challenge. We don't have to do the same again, but this is a starting point...

• Entrants will be required to post sets of progress photos at approximately 10-week intervals. This helps eliminate frauds, and keeps interest levels up, while giving plenty of time for some dramatic improvements.
    • Set 1: due Sunday, 3 July
    • Set 2: due Sunday, 18 September
    • Final set: due Sunday, 4 December

[*]Sets 1 & 2 are not judged, but the audience/judges may give advice. For instance, someone might need to work on their chest more, or pose with their elbows higher - that kind of thing.

[*]Contestants must enter photos in all three sets, even if they're only going for best overall physique.

[*]For each set, each contestant must post a Front Double Bicep, a Back Double Bicep, and two different poses of their choice.

[*]Photos should be full-body shots from head to toe. (Faces can be blocked out if you wish).

[*]Shorts should be rolled up to show quads/hams.

[*]In the case of really spectacular transformations, we reserve the right to demand proof. :D

Any thoughts/comments/ideas/ruminations?

• 2 months later...
Well, I'm not sure about the timeframe. Last year we ran it from July to December, and that was perfect - it gave us two 10-week intervals, which was enough time to see decent progress, and we finished in time for summer, and before everyone's Christmas parties started. We've left it a bit late for that this time though... so has anyone got another suggestion?

Here are the rules from last year's challenge. We don't have to do the same again, but this is a starting point...

• Entrants will be required to post sets of progress photos at approximately 10-week intervals. This helps eliminate frauds, and keeps interest levels up, while giving plenty of time for some dramatic improvements.
    • Set 1: due Sunday, 3 July
    • Set 2: due Sunday, 18 September
    • Final set: due Sunday, 4 December

[*]Sets 1 & 2 are not judged, but the audience/judges may give advice. For instance, someone might need to work on their chest more, or pose with their elbows higher - that kind of thing.

[*]Contestants must enter photos in all three sets, even if they're only going for best overall physique.

[*]For each set, each contestant must post a Front Double Bicep, a Back Double Bicep, and two different poses of their choice.

[*]Photos should be full-body shots from head to toe. (Faces can be blocked out if you wish).

[*]Shorts should be rolled up to show quads/hams.

[*]In the case of really spectacular transformations, we reserve the right to demand proof. :D

Any thoughts/comments/ideas/ruminations?

can it be as of ~3 weeks ago :D

Last time there were a few categories, something for everyone so both experienced and new guys and girls all have a chance at winning a prize.

I am in support of running another competition because they are great fun, but we do need people who will comit to starting and finishing. Last time i think we ended with only 3 people going all the way through, so the comitment has got to be from you guys, though it looks good so far in terms of numbers.