New at this..

seam90

Hi there,

I've just started lifting weight and am really excited about it. I do 2x spin classes a week, 20 minute cardio 2-3x a week and weights 3-4 times a week, trying to build both things up. I also have severe chronic fatigue so once I've been at the gym I can't really do a lot else with my day apart from rest (I don't work because of this) but I'm scared that this lying down/sleeping most of the time i going to cancel out the work I do at the gym?

Also what else can I eat drink for much more energy?

Not being familiar with chronic fatigue syndrome, it's probably best if you get that sort of advice from the doctor. However, we can give you some general advice, as Mike27 has done. Good carbs like Mike listed will give you a sustained energy source. Probably best to avoid lots of sugar or caffeine. These might pick you up briefly, but there's always the crash on the other side - and it might be worse for you than most people. (That's just a guess on my part though.)

If you're trying to lose weight, don't cut too much out of your diet - that'll only give you even less energy. What does your diet look like? Run us through an average day.

Ahhh for the past couple of weeks my diet is looking pretty much like this

Breakfast: 1 toast, 3 egg whites/1yolk

Snack: Protein Shake

Lunch: Chicken and vegetable soup

Snack: Protein Shake

Dinner: Grilled chicken, green veges and sometimes a weight watchers gravey.

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

heyo seam90 how have you been?? noticed it has been a while since your last post..I am a new member myself and although i dnt suffer your condition i can tell you that my diet was o a little carb-starved, (but im more of a carni lass..feed me meat!!! :twisted: ) and i found i wood crash n burn religiously around 3pm. Once i started at the gym and did alot of research on nutrician n stuff I was so much better and didnt hit the wall at 3 anymore..though i do still climb it every now n then! Carbs are your frend in the morning and your enemy at night. I start with a carb rich first half ie: green juice,oats brekky, brown rice or baked ku-mara lun-che, and banana post w/o,then its zero tollerance at night, which is freeeekin hard!!! :naughty:

..all food for thought. hope your still kickn round, look 4ward to hear'n bak from ya!!

mee go byebye

• 1 year later...
Hi there,

I've just started lifting weight and am really excited about it. I do 2x spin classes a week, 20 minute cardio 2-3x a week and weights 3-4 times a week, trying to build both things up. I also have severe chronic fatigue so once I've been at the gym I can't really do a lot else with my day apart from rest (I don't work because of this) but I'm scared that this lying down/sleeping most of the time i going to cancel out the work I do at the gym?

Also what else can I eat drink for much more energy?

Hi, I am in a very similar position to you. I highly recommend seeing Gary Moller (garymoller.com). He is an expert in adrenal fatigue, one of the hypothesised underlying causes behind chronic fatigue. His program has helped me be able to do some level of exercise and work again.