Eastside Open- 3 lift (open to all lifters)

Dr Squat

execellent!

what weight class do i aim for? im 86-90kg now. so aim for the 83kg all ripped up

Powerlifters don't do summer cuts bro. Let your body do its thing and see what you weigh on the day. Especially for your first competition. The last thing you need to worry about is dieting to fit into a weight class.

how are the categories split up ?

I assume you mean weight classes? Standard IPF weight classes:

Women: (kg) 43 47 52 57 63 72 84 84+

Men: (kg) 52 58 66 74 83 93 105 120 120+

yea thats what i ment, ok 5 months to put on 10 kg. too easy

Look forward to see you in action.

• 1 month later...
hey guys im a first timer in this anything i need to know before deciding to come up to have a go...im keen as...

Where are you based? If you come and visit us at Eastside anytime we can help you out. If this is not possible we maybe able to point you in the direction of some powerlifters.

Here is a link to an article I wrote.

http://biggerstrongersmarter.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/your-first-powerlifting-competition/

It will be a fun and friendly competition so you will get plenty of help on the day.

any comps planned in chch for 2012?

The calendar is still to be set but there will be comps in chch. The Cant champs are normally in March or April and there is a novice division. We will also have club lifts throughout the year.

Are you going to come along and compete in the Eastside Open?

id be keen on some coaching/advice on technique,training,nutrition etc too as ESBB.

I like to get training with a TP and really aim for some good numbers for 2012 :twisted:

Where are you training Mike? I will be more than happy to help you out with training. And I'm sure Best Bench will be the same. Send me a PM.

id be keen on some coaching/advice on technique,training,nutrition etc too as ESBB.

I like to get training with a TP and really aim for some good numbers for 2012 :twisted:

Where are you training Mike? I will be more than happy to help you out with training. And I'm sure Best Bench will be the same. Send me a PM.

Sounds good, I train Saturday and Sunday mornings if you want to head down.

I would love to support ESB and attend this meet but will not be able to attend due to prior commitments. I encourage all lifters (in the South Island) regardless of what level you compete at to have one more bash before the year is up. ESB have an excellent reputation when it comes to running competitions, I guarantee you wont be disappointed!

best bench...

what time ya training sat? i got work at 2pm i think

im just working on mon-wed-fri full body routine at the mo, but havent been in 8days as ive been sick. back into it today tho finally

im keen to try some sled and tire work and have a play around with all the gear. chains too!

just in a cal decifit for the next 4-8wks. then into serious sheiko,smolov squat,5x5 training for the next 12 months :twisted:

personal stuff i wanna work on is:

stretching and flexibility (wanna start agile 8 and foam rolling)

improve cardio fitness

improve bench,squat,dead form and technique, and practice competition technique

improve core strength,mass

bigger squat.... hence the smolov

bigger bench and dead

start plyometrics mainly lower body to help with moving the weights

so yeah, thats my plan! a solid 12months ahead and get into a comp this time next year

looking for a training partner/coach to help me along the way with tips,advice,encouragment,spots

\:D/