Therapeutic Massage Therapist

Kracka

HI,

First post.

I'm early 40's getting back into training after many years lay off.

Haven't been totally inactive, have done aerobic stuff now and then over the years to keep fat off (treadmill, jogging, ropework).

I used to be able to squat 130kg for reps, and did a single rep 160kg squat at 17 years old at around 80kg bodyweight. Had good natural talent and reckon I can still get into great shape if I put my mind to it.

I want to get back into squatting as it is the king of exercises, but I have hamstring issues. Always had tight hammies and they seem to have seized up even more over the years.

Anyone know a good massage therapist in AUckland attuned to helping athletes with leg problems, especially any that practice Active Release / Myofascial therapy?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kracka. Welcome to the forums.

Whereabouts in Auckland are you? If you're near the CBD, you could try Colin Webb. His contact details are in our Directory:

Directory/8/fit2perform

Ignore the blurb on his website, which seems to focus mainly on relaxation massages. He also does sports massages and rehab work, and he helped a dodgy shoulder I had a while back. To be honest, I'm not sure what techniques he used, but I think it involved some myofascial work. Give him a call and ask.

Hi Kracka. Welcome to the forums.

Whereabouts in Auckland are you? If you're near the CBD, you could try Colin Webb. His contact details are in our Directory:

Directory/8/fit2perform

Ignore the blurb on his website, which seems to focus mainly on relaxation massages. He also does sports massages and rehab work, and he helped a dodgy shoulder I had a while back. To be honest, I'm not sure what techniques he used, but I think it involved some myofascial work. Give him a call and ask.

Thanks mate.

Ok will look him up.

Cheers!