living off 1 type of protein/carb source ?

matt !

can you still gain good results from living off 1 source of protein ?

i want to just have tuna/pasta/veges for pretty much meal 2,3,4 & 5.

meal 1 and 6 will be different

ideas ?

the point is trying to gain muscle w/o spending a shitload on different types of food/proteins and shit.

can you still gain good results from living off 1 source of protein ?

i want to just have tuna/pasta/veges for pretty much meal 2,3,4 & 5.

meal 1 and 6 will be different

ideas ?

the point is trying to gain muscle w/o spending a shitload on different types of food/proteins and shit.

Yuss iifym :3

I used to eat heaps of it too, like around 500g/day for a while.

try this calculator. might give you some idea about just how much mercury you're getting from eating those sort of quantities of tuna.

http://www.gotmercury.org/article.php?list=type&type=75

Not really sure what symptoms you would experience from that amount of mercury, but Mercury Poisoning sounds pretty shit-why risk it?

Eat fish species which are lower in the food chain if you're going to eat fish in large quantities regularly, as they have less mercury.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

tuna is so over rated.youll never get huge on tuna.meat.meat and more meat.sup with whey.tuna is great as part of a cutting diet,when bulking its cals not protein that provides growth,youve find there are many top level b/b who are on very restricted foods and relie on supplements.which seems to work well for them chicken eggs ,rice oats and a few selective veges as a staple diet

Adding to graveyard dig :)

• The science shows that there is no reason bodybuilders should cut tuna out of their diets due to the current mercury scare.
  • One can of chunk lite a day is a reasonable and safe intake for a 200lbs man without the risks of any health problems.
  • If you want to eat more tuna now make sure to increase your consumption over the course of several weeks so your kidneys can adjust.
  • Adding 1.5 gram of NAC to your diet is a good idea so you can keep your glutathione stores full and your liver healthy.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mroussell5.htm

Yeah not the best idea eating that amount of tuna as others have said. Ive witnessed Mercury poisoning twice from it.  I think it only tends to manifest in noticeable side effects in those that are sensitive to it. But since Ive seen it happen Im a lot more cautious on how much tuna I let clients consume.  

This comment is based on nothing more than my casual observations of people's posts over the last decade, but...

I think tuna is WAY less popular now than it used to be. It used to be regarded as a staple part of the bodybuilder's diet, just as whey protein is. You could just about guarantee it would feature in at least one meal every day. But not so much now, I feel. Agree? Disagree?

Probably a good thing for the tuna population if we are eating less of them... But I guess the increasingly mainstream Japanese cuisine far outweighs any reduction in tinned tuna.