YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT!!

JOSEF RAKICH

Cals in cals out, simple as pie. If you are eating less than you need you will get leaner, your body won't accumulate fatty acids because you will be in a state of famine and you won't suffer il health. About the only thing you will struggle with is deficiency in minerals and vitamins.

Anything else is just hearsay lol

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cals in cals out, simple as pie. If you are eating less than you need you will get leaner,

yeah but it will compromise muscle if thats not from the relatively rights foods also.. i think thats a bit shit don't you haha

The low cals compromises muscle no matter what your composition of nutrients is.

exactly so getting 'leaner'?? no. getting leaner i interpret as keeping muscle loosing body fat, not jus loosing body mass

so we train so our body has to retain it's muscle mass.. it's one of the primary functions of muscle tissue, train hard and your body will use whatever it can as fuel, but will retain muscle because you are using it.

It's actual a very simple concept and I am playing devils advocate a little bit. It isn't optimal maybe but it's effective.

I sometimes feel intelectually inadequate after reading some of your posts IDW.....

I have 60g whey protein (in water) + 20g glucose + 40g honey PWO....

Whats your opinions, could I make any improvements..?

Here's an article that seems relivant: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle ... ition.html

:grin: only some of my posts though, the majority are usually garbage. :pfft:

That sounds like a good post workout feed there. Immediately PWO the goal is to get some quickly absorbed carbohydrate and protein into yourself so that you don't go catabolic.

I wouldn't look upon that meal as a proper meal... but rather a bridge to a proper whole meal. You eat that while you're still at the gym then race home like a proper bodybuilder and have a big steak and potatos, right? In that case it doesn't matter how much you're getting in your PWO meal really, what matters is that you get home and have your proper meal before the quickly absorbed PWO nutrients are gone. :)

I sometimes feel intelectually inadequate after reading some of your posts IDW.....

I have 60g whey protein (in water) + 20g glucose + 40g honey PWO....

Whats your opinions, could I make any improvements..?

Here's an article that seems relivant: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle ... ition.html

:grin: only some of my posts though, the majority are usually garbage. :pfft:

That sounds like a good post workout feed there. Immediately PWO the goal is to get some quickly absorbed carbohydrate and protein into yourself so that you don't go catabolic.

I wouldn't look upon that meal as a proper meal... but rather a bridge to a proper whole meal. You eat that while you're still at the gym then race home like a proper bodybuilder and have a big steak and potatos, right? In that case it doesn't matter how much you're getting in your PWO meal really, what matters is that you get home and have your proper meal before the quickly absorbed PWO nutrients are gone. :)

My next meal is normally about 90mins after gym because the PWO shite has filled me up....

Anyway harryb is right with what he says.

A good ratio of p/c/f to suit the persons goal is preferable though than just any calorie total.

I think ppl fail to understand that once u decide on the amount of p/c/f that you need in your diet... It's pretty hard to fit everything in if you just want to eat crap... It's not all just mcdonalds and gummy bears.

Most iifym diets I have seen and the one I used were pretty sensible.

• 1 month later...
IIFYM

What does it mean though?

IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) means you can eat ANYTHING you want as long as it fits into your daily calorie requirements and daily macros split of protein, carbs and fats.

So basically what im saying is if you eat oats and brown rice compared to white bread and drinking coke for you choice of carbs it will have no difference at all on improving body composition. (as long as calorie intake is equal and macros targets are met) Drinking coke wont automatically make you gain fat.

The Glycemic index is also irrelavent now as well, even post-workout you dont need simple sugars like dextrose and what not to "spike insulin" you can have oats a slow digesting complex carb it will have no effect on improving body composition. (G.I is only needed for those who are diabetic).

So IIFYM - There is no list of foods your not allowed to eat and vice-versa there is no list of food you have to eat in order to reach your body composition goals. Dont think you have to give up pizza just because you want to lose some weight. General body composition is about calorie and portion control, not food choices.

Example:

500 calories of 40g protein, 40g carbs and 20g fats derived from chicken breast, brown rice and olive oil

Is equal too:

500 calories of 40g protein, 40g carbs and 20g fats derived from a peperoni pizza!

Also meal timing and or meal frequency is NOT needed or important. (hitting your daily calorie requirements and macros targets is)

You dont have to eat 6x per day it has no effect on the metabolism or metabolic rate, you can eat carbs late at night before you go to sleep, it wont automatically make you gain fat. Too much bro-science myths.

When people say that eating at night causes fat gain, in a way it does sound like it would make sense because your going to sleep and you arent going to be expending much energy. But when look at that from a biological standpoint it is bogus because your body works more on a 24,48,72,weekly - what ever you want it - NET balance. It is constantly in an anabolic and catabolic state, constantly breaking down and repairing, constantly storing and oxidizing. So it really doesnt matter when you eat, or how frequently you eat, its the overall balance that matters, so your either in a caloric deficit or a calorie surplus. Hit your macros targets however and whenever you want throghout the day and there will be no difference in body composition. You can go 6 or so hours without eating, your muscle wont fall off or shrink or get attacked by the catabolism monster, you have to look at the bigger picture. A daily basis, calories in VS calories out. Calories are a form of energy, they cannot give you any more or any less of what they are.

Deficit calories you will lose weight.

Surplus calories you will gain weight.

It comes down to is application and awareness. Some of you wont bother to change your opinion and theories, some will have a hard time accepting it, while others will be interested to learn more and excited that there is more than one way. Remember that people get results because they apply themselves to what they do, not because their way is the best. Scientific literature > broscience.

Too much broscience crap and pseudoscience of meal frequency, composition, timing, clean vs. dirt etc, it needs to stop. Yea sure i still eat my oats every day i still eat healthy and what not but i also fit McDonalds and home made pizzas into my daily macros every single day. Basically what im trying to get through is eat good and healthy foods but if you want to eat skittles because its your favourite food, then sure fit it into your daily macros and eat your skittles. No problem.

READ THIS THREAD:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthrea ... =132053723

Macros = Macronutrients for those of you who diddnt know.

Wow cool story :grin: