If It Fits Your Macros

JOSEF RAKICH

I think most people in this thread are overthinking what JR is putting forward.

At a basic level, what he is saying makes complete sense - set your macros, set your calories, and you can have a piece of cake and a packet of chips if you can fit it under your targets :shrug:

*crawls back into corner*

Finally someone who understands.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a basic level, what he is saying makes complete sense - set your macros, set your calories, and you can have a piece of cake and a packet of chips if you can fit it under your targets :shrug:

yeah, but how is this IIFYM bs anything 'new'? its pretty obvious that you can get away with eating a bit of unhealthy food, but seriously why would you? Especially spending $70 a week on maccas. Waste of money IMO, and you're putting all those shitty ingredients/chemicals into your body. I find that if I eat junk food I usually feel like crap afterwards, so I avoid it.

Also JR are you really so naive as to think that putting heaps of preservatives/flavourings/colours and other food chemicals into the body while at the same time decreasing your vitamin intake will not affect body composition, even if indirectly?

Im talking about body composition

im having difficulty understanding how this is in any way a new concept

That's it exactly.

But at this point the thread's more about flaming JR than it is trying to reach any understanding.

JR is advocating eating shitty foods. A lot of junk food contains ingredients that are pretty much toxic. I'm sure a bit of rat poison would fit nicely into your macros. Why not try eating a small amount of that every day and see what effect it has on body composition

Im not saying to go ahead and eat shittty foods im just saying you can.

yeah, but how is this IIFYM bs anything 'new'? its pretty obvious that you can get away with eating a bit of unhealthy food, but seriously why would you? Especially spending $70 a week on maccas. Waste of money IMO, and you're putting all those shitty ingredients/chemicals into your body. I find that if I eat junk food I usually feel like crap afterwards, so I avoid it.

Also JR are you really so naive as to think that putting heaps of preservatives/flavourings/colours and other food chemicals into the body while at the same time decreasing your vitamin intake will not affect body composition, even if indirectly?

so you are saying that even if you re deficient in micro-nutrients and are putting harmful chemicals into your body, as long as you acheive your macro and energy requirements you will acheive identical results in terms of body composition as someone who eats the same macro split/energy and eats healthy?

Yup.

That's it exactly.

But at this point the thread's more about flaming JR than it is trying to reach any understanding.

Na JRs all good, just the IIFYM theory is to simple of a statement.

Perhaps the fact hes defending it is making it worse?

yeah, but how is this IIFYM bs anything 'new'? its pretty obvious that you can get away with eating a bit of unhealthy food, but seriously why would you? Especially spending $70 a week on maccas. Waste of money IMO, and you're putting all those shitty ingredients/chemicals into your body. I find that if I eat junk food I usually feel like c

Yeah the cheat meal or addition of junk food to a healthy diet is nothing new

so perhaps JR coming here with this oversimplified buzz word is the ishue?

JR I understand what you are saying, but I disagree in regard to all the complex processes which occur in your body which require adequate amounts of certain micro-nutrients to function properly.

I just think you're oversimplifying by ignoring the effects of micros on these processes, which I believe would have an effect on processes such as muscle building/fat loss, which obviously would then affect body composition.

so you are saying that even if you re deficient in micro-nutrients and are putting harmful chemicals into your body, as long as you acheive your macro and energy requirements you will acheive identical results in terms of body composition as someone who eats the same macro split/energy and eats healthy?

Yup.

Oh my Lord!

Yup.

LIKE A BAWS!

Im sorry, but as I commented earlier in the postings, I understood as well. As I did the same thing when I was losing weight with weight watchers, I could fit Mac D's into my points and I loved it. This thinking got me dowm from 130kgs to 90kgs. I can also state that I did not binge as badly as some of the other members who were following the plan by the book. I had to make it liveable. This is the philosophy that I live by now. If it fits eat it. Make your life enjoyable. :clap:

Yup.

The bro-science is strong on this one...

Im sorry, but as I commented earlier in the postings, I understood as well. As I did the same thing when I was losing weight with weight watchers, I could fit Mac D's into my points and I loved it. This thinking got me dowm from 130kgs to 90kgs. I can also state that I did not binge as badly as some of the other members who were following the plan by the book. I had to make it liveable. This is the philosophy that I live by now. If it fits eat it. Make your life enjoyable. :clap:

Yes you did. And good job on the cut!

IIFYM - Eat that shit.

Do you want a sticker.

Exactly, a piece ov cake, not 4 litres ov coke :doh:

I think the foes list feature on this forum hasn't got enough press. You can add skinny, arrogant, contradicting, opinionated phags who need to post less and train harder (I can think ov a few...) to it and the forum automatically blocks their posts for ya. Genius!

Exactly, a piece ov cake, not 4 litres ov coke :doh:

I think the foes list feature on this forum hasn't got enough press. You can add skinny contradicting opinionated phags who need to post less and train harder (I can think ov a few...) to it and the forum automatically blocks their posts for ya. Genius!

brother.... you need to post more and train softer... lol