If It Fits Your Macros

JOSEF RAKICH

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man JR you are taking this pic of Phil Heath and that video of Jay Cutler out of context, and you know it.

Jay Cutlers vid was an offseason cheat meal and Phil Heath was either carb loading before a show or cheating after a show (cant remember which one). Dont try and make out that they follow this IIFYM regime unless you know for sure.

However, I've read that Marius interview where he states he eats whatever he wants - so that is a good example.

Jay did eat two of these burgers before bed every night in the off season.

4x 4 burgers from in and out . just to keep the calories up but he says no to the fizzy i think

Before bed every night?

Did you watch the video? He says he eats burgers "once in a while", twice.

How you interpret that to mean every night before bed, God only knows.

4x 4 burgers from in and out . just to keep the calories up but he says no to the fizzy i think

Before bed every night?

Ive got a flex mag where he states he does . Na didnt watch any video. Its an article on his daily diet. 2 or 3 years ago though.

Before bed every night?

Ive got a flex mag where he states he does . Na didnt watch any video. Its an article on his daily diet. 2 or 3 years ago though.

Can you scan it and post it up?

Interested is all.

Back to the original point however, the video JR posted doesnt back up the fact that Jay uses this IIFYM method of eating - or that he eats burgers everyday.

Ok Flex mag november/december 2009

Meal = 2x 4x4 burgers (4 meat patties in each bun) with one slice of cheese, no salt, grilled onions and ketchup only.

Fries, well done ,no salt

Small lemonade

JAY SAYS> " I have this meal pretty much every night that im home in the off season. I want to sleep with a full stomach. Pre contest ill eliminate the burgers but ill wake up to eat once or twice a night. I never sleep a standard 8 hours"

Man JR you are taking this pic of Phil Heath and that video of Jay Cutler out of context, and you know it.

Jay Cutlers vid was an offseason cheat meal and Phil Heath was either carb loading before a show or cheating after a show (cant remember which one). Dont try and make out that they follow this IIFYM regime unless you know for sure.

However, I've read that Marius interview where he states he eats whatever he wants - so that is a good example.

I ws just using it as an example for the guy who said the pros dont eat like this.

Phill carb loading with donuts? Why would he be carb loading with such a "bad" carb, oh maby because it dosent matter.. Food choice is all personal preference.

PRO BODYBUILDERS follow IIFYM regime lol. Do you people have any idea of what IIFYM means? Bodybuilders have a goal calorie intake and a target macros split of protein, carbs and fats they try to hit each day.

They eat chicken, rice, oats, etc BECAUSE IT FITS INTO THERE DAILY MACROS. they eat these foods so they can hit there macros targets. Straight protein, staright carbs, they dont conatin phaggotry macros splits like McDonalds with extreme high carb and extreme high fat with average protein intake. IIFYM dosent mean eat only candy floss and McDonalds, eat just means you can eat whatever you want IIFYM. Chicken, rice and oats fit there macros, it makes up there macros, so they eat it.. If they fit McDonalds into there macros they can eat it, some of them do.

Eating chicken and rice is still following the IIFYM regime, if they have daily macros targets.

Before bed every night?

Can you scan it and post it up?

Interested is all.

Back to the original point however, the video JR posted doesnt back up the fact that Jay uses this IIFYM method of eating - or that he eats burgers everyday.

Umm lets just say jay has a macros goal of 500g protein, 1400g carbs and 100g fat (i dont know i just know), if he eats chicken and rice and oats to hit some of these numbers then he is still following IIFYM by eating chicken rice and oats lol..

But he wouldent eat extra carbs than 1400g because it would not fit his daily macros targets..

Make sence.

All im saying is food choice is all personal preference thats all. Jay may choose to eat rice and oats for his carb choice, thats all personal peference.

Ronnie coleman has like 20g of carbs from BBQ sauce with each meal lol.

Ok Flex mag november/december 2009

Meal = 2x 4x4 burgers (4 meat patties in each bun) with one slice of cheese, no salt, grilled onions and ketchup only.

Fries, well done ,no salt

Small lemonade

JAY SAYS> " I have this meal pretty much every night that im home in the off season. I want to sleep with a full stomach. Pre contest ill eliminate the burgers but ill wake up to eat once or twice a night. I never sleep a standard 8 hours"

And look at that jay eats burgers and drinks lemonade everyday because he fits it into his daily macros.

IIFYM - Eat that shit.

I think most people in this thread are overthinking what JR is putting forward.

At a basic level, what he is saying makes complete sense - set your macros, set your calories, and you can have a piece of cake and a packet of chips if you can fit it under your targets :shrug:

*crawls back into corner*

At a basic level, what he is saying makes complete sense - set your macros, set your calories, and you can have a piece of cake and a packet of chips if you can fit it under your targets :shrug:

all that i take from JR's brosiological posts is that hes saying that:

your total calorie intake can contain any types of food - gram for gram 100cals is 100 cals, regardless of source.

So JR is just being a captain obvious. We all know that you can swap out some of your clean food and balance that with unclean food.

But he just goes too far with trying to make himself sound smart, failing at it.

That's it exactly.

But at this point the thread's more about flaming JR than it is trying to reach any understanding.

In relation to the documentary 'supersize me'.

Do you think all the negative side effects seen after eating Mc Donald's consistently for every meal for a period of time would have been the same if he had a diet of the same macro break down and amount of calories but from such foods as rice/chicken/peanut butter etc.?

Do you think all the negative side effects seen after eating Mc Donald's consistently for every meal for a period of time would have been the same if he had a diet of the same macro break down and amount of calories but from such foods as rice/chicken/peanut butter etc.?

I will test the theory if someone funds it. Ill do both food types.

That's it exactly.

But at this point the thread's more about flaming JR than it is trying to reach any understanding.

JR is advocating eating shitty foods. A lot of junk food contains ingredients that are pretty much toxic. I'm sure a bit of rat poison would fit nicely into your macros. Why not try eating a small amount of that every day and see what effect it has on body composition

Brilliant.

I can't imagine why I got the idea that that this thread was all flaming with no thought behind the criticisms.

Rat poison. Just like a donut.

This is worth a look: http://chazzweaver.com/site/projects/down-size-me/

All the rationalizations will apply -- he's on gear genetic freak nobody can do that eat chicken and broccoli or you die -- but it's pretty convincing that when controlled for calories, the guy gets none of the health issues and, amazingly, even gets leaner.

This is worth a look: http://chazzweaver.com/site/projects/down-size-me/

All the rationalizations will apply -- he's on gear genetic freak nobody can do that eat chicken and broccoli or you die -- but it's pretty convincing that when controlled for calories, the guy gets none of the health issues and, amazingly, even gets leaner.

Interesting :nod:

But it fits into my macros though!

The point I was making is that just because you can fit something unhealthy into your macros, it doesn't mean its a good idea to do this.

Doesn't mean it's a bad idea, or even especially harmful, either.

The "overthinking" angle applies here. If having "bad" food keeps you sane and lets you stay on the diet, that's done a lot less harm than eating a cheeseburger or a cookie could ever do.