What Protein Powder would you recommend?

Just finished my first 5lb tub of Optimum Nutrition 100% Standard Whey, and just looking at some different types i can get, cause i get bored easily having the same one over and over again.

Its quite good with 120calories per serve with 24grams of protein..

Does anyone know of any proteins that have a good high protein content??

thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when cutting myofusion cannt be beaten as its so thick so is good for blender meals and really fills you up. when bulking or trying to add lean mass it doesnt really matter in that regard as you can just add milk or bananas etc to thicken it up. myofusion is my fave, ON is good, cytosport, metrx ...

MYOFUSION

Laboratory tests showed that this protein is under dosed with proof showing that protein is only around

21g_per_serving͙_NOT_the_25g that they are claiming. Now, with dietary supplements, the FDA stipulates

that_a_10%_over/under_variance_from_label_claims_is_"acceptable"͘_ However,_protein products are

required by the FDA to meet label claims at 100% of stated values.

It gets worse... to ensure repeatability and accuracy we sent a second lot over for testing to account for

the possibility of a bad batch or "supplier woes" and guess what the results were? Just as BAD. Two

different lots, two different tests - same result.

You ask how are they doing this? It's pretty simpleÍ™ remember how we talked about the grades of

Whey_Concentrate_that_are_available?_Well_let's_ta ke_80%_Whey_concentrate_as_our_example͘_Say_we_

were to put 25g of Whey concentrate 80% in a product (keep in mind the product is claiming 25g of

protein in each serving) and multiply that 25g by 0.80 and we get 20g protein per serving. That is just

about what the lab tests showed.

Now you may be wondering how accurate these tests really are. In a word - VERY. The laboratory

method used was Protein Combustion. This is an extremely accurate testing method where the product

is placed inside a high temperature chamber and nitrogen content is measured. The process is quite

straightforward which greatly limits the margin of error compared to other methods of testing. This

level of accuracy allows for testing down to concentrations of 0.10% as indicated on the results sheet.

Sure this all sounds great, but it still has to be conducted by skilled technicians with the right equipment

and procedures. Enter Eurofins. Eurofins was selected to perform these tests due to their outstanding

reputation and is one of the most highly regarded labs in the WORLD with presence in over 30 countries.

So rest assured that what you're seeing is what you're getting.

It's_a_shame_for_the_consumer_who_is_spending_thei r_hard_earned_money,_in_a_tough_economy,_thinking_

they are getting the biggest bang for their buck, when in reality they are being misled.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF (GOOD READ) CLICK THE BLUE BUTTON DOWN BOTTOM

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/82a2a29b019308da0c89f3b

MYOFUSION

Laboratory tests showed that this protein is under dosed with proof showing that protein is only around

21g_per_serving͙_NOT_the_25g that they are claiming. Now, with dietary supplements, the FDA stipulates

that_a_10%_over/under_variance_from_label_claims_is_"acceptable"͘_ However,_protein products are

required by the FDA to meet label claims at 100% of stated values.

It gets worse... to ensure repeatability and accuracy we sent a second lot over for testing to account for

the possibility of a bad batch or "supplier woes" and guess what the results were? Just as BAD. Two

different lots, two different tests - same result.

You ask how are they doing this? It's pretty simpleÍ™ remember how we talked about the grades of

Whey_Concentrate_that_are_available?_Well_let's_ta ke_80%_Whey_concentrate_as_our_example͘_Say_we_

were to put 25g of Whey concentrate 80% in a product (keep in mind the product is claiming 25g of

protein in each serving) and multiply that 25g by 0.80 and we get 20g protein per serving. That is just

about what the lab tests showed.

Now you may be wondering how accurate these tests really are. In a word - VERY. The laboratory

method used was Protein Combustion. This is an extremely accurate testing method where the product

is placed inside a high temperature chamber and nitrogen content is measured. The process is quite

straightforward which greatly limits the margin of error compared to other methods of testing. This

level of accuracy allows for testing down to concentrations of 0.10% as indicated on the results sheet.

Sure this all sounds great, but it still has to be conducted by skilled technicians with the right equipment

and procedures. Enter Eurofins. Eurofins was selected to perform these tests due to their outstanding

reputation and is one of the most highly regarded labs in the WORLD with presence in over 30 countries.

So rest assured that what you're seeing is what you're getting.

It's_a_shame_for_the_consumer_who_is_spending_thei r_hard_earned_money,_in_a_tough_economy,_thinking_

they are getting the biggest bang for their buck, when in reality they are being misled.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF (GOOD READ) CLICK THE BLUE BUTTON DOWN BOTTOM

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/82a2a29b019308da0c89f3b

tch tch!that is sad!someone needs to do a test on all these high selling ones.it would be good to have it done on super quad and whey max and that tnation stuff just for the fun of it.

ive found the balance protien powders easily the best tasting and the best to mix .

atm im using the balance ultra ripped wpi vanilla latte powder and i just mix it with water , 3 shakes and its completely dissolved .

i used to use horleys but id shake it for 2 minutes and still get lumpy bits in it .

oh and even in water the coffee flavour is dam good , could drink it all day np .

pffft any protein powder would do, don't get me wrong some do have better results than others but i reckon real lean chicken, steaks, fish do the job so

if your tight for budget, get a cheap whey protein and use the rest on real food :D

I used to like Myofusion but I just got some with my voucher and wtf its changed :evil: Says it now has whey hydrolysate or sumink?? Fucken yuck. I actually cannot eat it. Anyone else think this?? if it aint broke dont fix it :roll:

I used to like Myofusion but I just got some with my voucher and wtf its changed :evil: Says it now has whey hydrolysate or sumink?? Fucken yuck. I actually cannot eat it. Anyone else think this?? if it aint broke dont fix it :roll:

you should try drinking it, maybe thats your problem

you should try drinking it, maybe thats your problem

wow your funny luigi. awesome post

I have not had it for a while. What flavour did you get?

I was not aware they changed it.

don't know, to be honest I still can't taste any difference to be honest it's still good stuff (apart from banana and chocolate mint...they're yuck)

don't know, to be honest I still can't taste any difference to be honest it's still good stuff (apart from banana and chocolate mint...they're yuck)

Yeah I noticed the change in taste too. Didn't like it at first but I'm used to it now. As long as I keep it thick it tastes pretty good.

Unfortunately I thought I'd save some cash this month and by Dymatize Isolate and it tastes awful. It has quite a bitter taste, almost like there's a shot of vodka mixed in the powder or something. After two shakes I've given up on it. I'm actually wondering if there's something wrong with it :shrug: