NZIFBB AUCKLAND CHAMPS 2011

I was there at the night show and was very good to see Moe guest pose. also couldn't believe peachy didn't win her class (only just found out it was her after reading previous comments, thought she was hands down winner). first place overall looked amazing as did the 2 big boys of 100kg +. would have been good to see a larger crowd though..solid evidence as to why a $30 door charge is far too much if they want to popularize bodubuilding on NZ.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was my first bodybuilding comp and I was pleasantly suprised with the physiques on show. Dont know what the judging is based on but I thought some of the calls were :roll:

The guy in the 70-80kg had an awesome physique, mint quads, and was lean as f*ck took the overall too.

Good to see moe darren and grant? have a little posedown impromptu big dudes!

On a side note the contest seemed a little unorganized, the MCs didnt seem clued in to what was happening, and Ms Chase Im sorry but your lucky yourve got a pretty face and a good rack, a few to many blonde moments :pfft: :grin:

I was there at the night show and was very good to see Moe guest pose. also couldn't believe peachy didn't win her class (only just found out it was her after reading previous comments, thought she was hands down winner). first place overall looked amazing as did the 2 big boys of 100kg +. would have been good to see a larger crowd though..solid evidence as to why a $30 door charge is far too much if they want to popularize bodubuilding on NZ.

Comps are never who's the best.... but who knows the best. it's a sad fact but it happens and it's not going to change. often more street cred being the peoples champ than the judges champ.

Its got nothing to do with price. Its about promotion, sponsorship, organisation & standard of athletes. The recent NABBA/WFF CHC Grand Prix had 700 in the audience who willingly paid $30 to see a professionally run show. NZIFBB need to have a good hard look at themselves if they want to attract the best to their events.

In fact, the women's Bikini class was one of the best classes of day. I know that's a statement guaranteed to get you die-hard traditionalist bodybuilders fired up, but I'm basing it on competitor numbers and competitive physiques across the class, so I think it's justified.

It has definitely improved over the last couple of years. By the looks of these photos, the ladies look like they have actually put a load of effort into their physiques, as opposed to past competitions where they looked like they just walked off the street.

I'm with VC... some of those competitors (despite the blur - hands shaking, Pseu?) did look like they'd done a decent amount of work.

If the class adds value to the sport, so much the better. But where were the guys - from what Pseu said, sounds like you'd "win by turning up" ? and was that Supry I saw?

With 14-15 weeks 'til the Wellington shows, it'll be interesting to see class sizes there.

On a side note the contest seemed a little unorganized, the MCs didnt seem clued in to what was happening

I went to the day session, and agree with the above. After it all finished (in what felt like an instant), I walked out feeling ripped off, and almost went back to try and steal a couple more protien powder samples to try and get my money's worth!

In fact, the women's Bikini class was one of the best classes of day. I know that's a statement guaranteed to get you die-hard traditionalist bodybuilders fired up, but I'm basing it on competitor numbers and competitive physiques across the class, so I think it's justified.

It has definitely improved over the last couple of years. By the looks of these photos, the ladies look like they have actually put a load of effort into their physiques, as opposed to past competitions where they looked like they just walked off the street.

I'm with VC... some of those competitors (despite the blur - hands shaking, Pseu?) did look like they'd done a decent amount of work.

If the class adds value to the sport, so much the better. But where were the guys - from what Pseu said, sounds like you'd "win by turning up" ? and was that Supry I saw?

With 14-15 weeks 'til the Wellington shows, it'll be interesting to see class sizes there.

I completely agree! If bikini becomes more like the photos posted here then it's definitely something you would want to aspire too also, a nice fit athletic body. That is now a category I would consider for my (hopeful) first show not just figure.

then acouple after the show had ended with afew of the members from NZBB

in order from left to right:

250429_10150188931853742_631548741_7161470_2631_n.jpg

Tiny Traps, Peachy, Pman, behind him Big John(me), nate225, and im not sure the guy on the end Rofl :oops:

then acouple after the show had ended with afew of the members from NZBB

in order from left to right:

250429_10150188931853742_631548741_7161470_2631_n.jpg

Tiny Traps, Peachy, Pman, behind him Big John(me), nate225, and im not sure the guy on the end Rofl :oops:

michaelk

haha chur bro!

Hi guys,

These are just a couple of the 850+ photo's I ended up taking. Obviously I still have a lot more images to edit my way through, but I will upload some of the girls as soon as they are done, and pop a link through to my site for all the other images.

Enjoy!

post-8957-14166822109529_thumb.jpg

post-8957-14166822109778_thumb.jpg

post-8957-14166822109965_thumb.jpg

post-8957-14166822110096_thumb.jpg

post-8957-14166822110306_thumb.jpg

post-8957-1416682211046_thumb.jpg

post-8957-14166822152305_thumb.jpg

post-8957-14166822152573_thumb.jpg

post-8957-14166822152788_thumb.jpg

post-8957-1416682215301_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

These are just a couple of the 850+ photo's I ended up taking. Obviously I still have a lot more images to edit my way through, but I will upload some of the girls as soon as they are done, and pop a link through to my site for all the other images.

Enjoy!

Whats wrong with these 3 dicks wipping their cloths off and "guest posing" If it was Jay Branch and Kai sure but these three its just insulting. Talk about trying to steal the spotlight. Moes a has been and what have the other two acheived?