Im so happy with myself

Andre01

I am so happy with my self, I mamaged to run for 20 minutes today. I have only just started to run this week, this is big really big for me. I have never run in my life ever not even to get that old Big Mac. I used to weigh 130kgs and I had every excuse under the sun.

I have only just started to focus on my training in the last couple of months and this week I told myself to grow up and that I needed to put in the time and effort and that no one else will be able to do it for me.

So with a new eatinng plan started this week, and a new plan at the gym I want to lose that extra body fat by the end of the year.....I am currently at 16.3% 183cm.

My current weight has gone up and it is currently sitting at 97.7 with shoes. So 97kgs without. I have approx 80kg of lean muscle from my least bf measure which was done on Monday. So looking forward to getting this off my christams, then and only then I might put up a couple of photos. THANKS everyone for you suppert I really needed that today.

I'm with Jimjim on this one... not about publishing them, but def grab the camera and hit a couple of poses, even now. Then you'll have a sound basis for comparison, and ideas of what effect the training is having.

Well done, btw... my background is similar, started off a massive lardball, shed a third of my bodyweight to get where I am now.

Accepting that you're not necessarily thinking of bodybuilding or powerlifting competition, now's time to think about some other sorts of milestones. Going from a 20m run to eg a 5k or even a 10k is possible - and believe me, there is nothing quite like the feeling of crossing the finishing line, and looking back at how far you've come, literally and metaphorically.

At this point all I want to see is my abs by christmas, then and only then will I think about moving into bodybuilding or a powerlifting competition this is a goal that I have had for a while a very, very long time but I have never had the body to do it.

I agree with Jimjim and Ill take a few pics over the weekend and yes ill start working on those 5-10K runs. I will carry on running as I have always walked and so its not as effective as it used to be, so ill carry on the running.

Thanks everyone for your comments, today esp today (had a really had head day) I needed your comments and I am thankful for the ones that everyone gave.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys, Ive had almost a week off due to getting really sore legs and ankles. I think that I know what the problem is (not good music) and so Im getting back into it today, and I think that I need to get out of bed every morning and run.

I start clinical on Monday so Ill be off to the gym after I finish which can be anytime from 3-6pm. So I am having to really think about going so I think that I will have to wear my gym gear to clinical and get changed into scrubs, that way I will already be half way preped before I go and as I have to pass the gym on my way home, it mught make it easier than going from home.

Then as I said my two days off a week I think that I just have to get my ass out of bed and run. :pray:

My current weight has gone up and it is currently sitting at 97.7 with shoes. So 97kgs without. I have approx 80kg of lean muscle from my least bf measure which was done on Monday. So looking forward to getting this off my christams, then and only then I might put up a couple of photos. THANKS everyone for you suppert I really needed that today.

80 kgs of muscle!Fark! keep fighting the good fight my friend,your gonna look badazz when your lean in a few months.