Your biggest training milestone?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benching 140 x 8 back in 1992

What made this such a milestone for you?

Just wondering cause I'd put money on you to get around 25 of that now

Hey PD, for a few months leading upto that day I was only able to rep 140 for 3-5...five was a stretch. On this particular day, it just felt like I was in the zone and bang! After that, I never respected 140 like I did previously...seems to be they way with my lifting...once I got past an obstacle or "barrier", the goals needed resetting and the journey starts all over again!

Dont know what I would able to rep 140 for at the moment. I like to do a rep set to flush blood into the muscle to aid in recovery after a heavy chest session and normally hit anything between 15-25reps depending on how much gas I have left in my triceps. Its always easier this way because coming down from bigger weight to 140 the bar feels extremely light as opposed to trying to do big reps at the start of a workout.

From memory my best for repping 140 is 35 back in 2004

Hit a new one today, sprinting for 6 mins..... Ive been running for the last few weeks so this is the next step, aim another 4 minutes by the end of the week them my cardio will be 20 mins... 10 mins run and 10 mis sprint. :pray:

u mean jogging not sprinting. no one can sprint for 6mins bro

i just started training 12 weeks ago starting body weight (170.2 kgs)

now

body weight (150.1)

125 kgs bench 1 rep

140 kgs deadlift 4 reps

160 kgs standing calf raise 12 reps

420 kgs legpress 16 reps max

just to name a few for now up date in 4 weeks time :pfft:

Nar Tom, I did it in 2 min bursts... But Ill put that on my other thread... Im so happy with my self. Sorry I should have explained it better.......

My new milestone is going to LIFT while I have a headache, Normally I would just go home.

all good bro, well done. i read ur journal u are doing extremely well if you are doing what you say you are.

ups!