62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink alcohol?

• Yes - without restriction
    • Yes - 5+ drinks per week
    • Yes - 2 - 5 drinks per week
    • Yes - 1 drink per week
    • Kinda - very sparingly
    • No - I'm straight-edge motherfucker.

Of course it's to do with race, ur just making excuses for these people by saying it's poverty not crime... It's fucking crime through and through... Poverty my arse. These sth Auckland fleas who breed faster than rats get more from the goverment than alot of hardworking people who are trying to get ahead in life. They bring this so called poverty onto them selves with their selfish and poor decision making skills. And in fact it's not even poverty more stupidity and expecting someone else to pick up the pieces.. Poverty is the slums in India etc not sth Auckland where a govt never leaves u short.

Its because white people came over here and discriminated Maori and still do, therefore Maori are disadvantaged/segregated in society and begin to resent white folk and turn to crime etc. Its the fault of the Caucasians who created the environment of segregation that still breathes today, and not only in NZ but every other country Caucasians conquered. Imagine going from being in a tribe to having to adapt to living in a massive city under laws/traditions imposed from those who killed your people and prefer to hire their own people rather than the newly conquered locals, within 60 years. Caucasians went from tribes to these cities over a period of over 1000 thousand years..

What a load of shit. The europeans didnt come to NZ and discriminate they came here and assimilated, reading some history would do you some good. If you want to see a culture that had it hard look at the Irish Abos, native americans etc. Maoris had it easy. Sure it may have been hard in the first few decades but in modern NZ this is not the case.

Maori have all kind of scholarships and hardouts avalible to them that caucasians dont. Imagine a nz white rugby team. A white affairs minister. In government agencys there are positions created for Maoris, women and Homosexuals but if your a straight white male you have to get by on your on merits.

As for the culture shock of the new big cities this take a generation to be assimilated not 150years. The chinese who came here in the gold rush had a harder time than the Maoris but they have got on with it without constant handouts.

As for a culture of segregation the only people who create this are the extremests like Hone Harawira. South Africa had a segregation between races, it doesnt exist in NZ. When was the last time you were told you couldnt eat somewhere due to your skin colour? Were you beaten for dating a white girl?

If you are so bitter about the White invaders hand over your computer, house, car, food, clothes, power, running water and reclaim your culture by living in the bush and living off the land. ther is nothing stopping you apart from the comfort of modern NZ.

Oh the invading european culture isnt so bad after all.

SA was much better off under the Apartheid regime as opposed to how it is now...IMO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it may have been hard in the first few decades but in modern NZ this is not the case.

Maori have all kind of scholarships and hardouts avalible to them that caucasians dont. Imagine a nz white rugby team. A white affairs minister. In government agencys there are positions created for Maoris, women and Homosexuals but if your a straight white male you have to get by on your on merits.

I can understand the frustration toward this but I'm all for progression and affirmative action on minorities who have experienced discrimination. Sure, it may not be so bad now but these minorities are heavily unrepresented in society because of discrimination up until the 80s at least! My grandparents were whipped in school because they spoke te reo, they were spat on by policemen for walking up Cuba Street and were called 'monkeys' on a regular basis from non-Maori (don't even get me started on violence). Of course that is going to send an entire culture backwards so it's up to get things back on track. Same for homosexuals and women. I still hear the odd "fag" and "whore" in a derogatory manner here and there. We still have a fair journey to go. Just my opinion.

Sure it may have been hard in the first few decades but in modern NZ this is not the case.

I can understand the frustration toward this but I'm all for progression and affirmative action on minorities who have experienced discrimination. Sure, it may not be so bad now but these minorities are heavily unrepresented in society because of discrimination up until the 80s at least! My grandparents were whipped in school because they spoke te reo, they were spat on by policemen for walking up Cuba Street and were called 'monkeys' on a regular basis from non-Maori (don't even get me started on violence). Of course that is going to send an entire culture backwards so it's up to get things back on track. Same for homosexuals and women. I still hear the odd "fag" and "whore" in a derogatory manner here and there. We still have a fair journey to go. Just my opinion.

Thats horrible for your grandparents but how does that translate to you getting scholarships and a hand up. It didnt happen to you so you shouldnt get compensated. Too many people living in a past they never experienced.

Good point Jim. But I see it as a way to revive Maori culture, after decades of trying to destroy it, and to improve other areas where we are over represented. By providing more opportunities for Maori in education and in the workplace (as undeserved as it may seem at times), it leads to a higher representation of educated Maori, which in turn will lead to developments with negative issues like alcohol abuse and domestic violence. I'll be one of the first to admit that we feature too highly in crime, and that's a shame. But if more Maori take up scholarships, in the long term, it may just lead to a decrease in criminal activity, less Maori on the dole and more balanced politicians (No more Hone!).

I know it also looks like we get everything handed on a plate, but it's not the case. As a typical Maori, I've had one Maori scholarship from my iwi, and that's about it. But I'm appreciative of that opportunity. I really don't have any other privileges so far (but if I'm offered one I'll bloody take it!)

Good point Jim. But I see it as a way to revive Maori culture, after decades of trying to destroy it, and to improve other areas where we are over represented. By providing more opportunities for Maori in education and in the workplace (as undeserved as it may seem at times), it leads to a higher representation of educated Maori, which in turn will lead to developments with negative issues like alcohol abuse and domestic violence. I'll be one of the first to admit that we feature too highly in crime, and that's a shame. But if more Maori take up scholarships, in the long term, it may just lead to a decrease in criminal activity, less Maori on the dole and more balanced politicians (No more Hone!).

I know it also looks like we get everything handed on a plate, but it's not the case. As a typical Maori, I've had one Maori scholarship from my iwi, and that's about it. But I'm appreciative of that opportunity. I really don't have any other privileges so far (but if I'm offered one I'll bloody take it!)

Dont kid yourself that education stops drug abuse and domestic violence it doesnt.

Your one hand out is one more than me. I had to earn every thing I have with no help from anybody. I am to proud to take handouts. As are many Maori.

Thats horrible for your grandparents but how does that translate to you getting scholarships and a hand up. It didnt happen to you so you shouldnt get compensated. Too many people living in a past they never experienced.

Think about it jimjim, if discrimination was taking place in the 80s against Maori's then the culture isn't going to disappear overnight, as I said in my last post it can take decades if not centuries for culture to change. If you have studied biology and a little neuroscience you would understand that people no matter what race, the way inwhich people think is the same. Its just ignorant for you to think that just because someone is Maori or Islander that its in their be genes to take free handouts, binge drink and beat their wives. Caucasians giving more Maori scholarships is to encourage more Maoris to get better educated and provide more role models for Maori youth. This is something that should be in place temporarily, not permanently. Also Im aware that Maori got assimilated, they were left with like 22,000 thousand left or something like that, doesn't that comment of yours back up my statement earlier! You compare Maoris being treated better than Americans etc, but i dont think culling off 95% of your race is a better alternative.

Dont kid yourself that education stops drug abuse and domestic violence it doesnt.

are you serious, why dont you compare stats of those who have a uni degree to those who dont have a high school education and compare those stats of drug abuse and domestic violence.

Your one hand out is one more than me. I had to earn every thing I have with no help from anybody. I am to proud to take handouts. As are many Maori.

I'm not saying it'll stop it, but it will bloody well help! Maori who do engage in crime have usually disassociated themselves with their culture (and join gangs), are uneducated, do not have support or understanding from others.

And it wasn't a "hand out", it was a scholarship grant that I had to apply for by writing a 3000 essay on the history of Maori, to gain access to tribe money that belonged to them in the first place.

I'm not saying it'll stop it, but it will bloody well help! Maori who do engage in crime have usually disassociated themselves with their culture (and join gangs), are uneducated, do not have support or understanding from others.

And it wasn't a "hand out", it was a scholarship grant that I had to apply for by writing a 3000 essay on the history of Maori, to gain access to tribe money that belonged to them in the first place.

I thought the scholarship is provided by the NZ govt? what money was taken (without authority, I presume based on the context of your statement) from maori to provide it to you because your maori?

are you serious, why dont you compare stats of those who have a uni degree to those who dont have a high school education and compare those stats of drug abuse and domestic violence.

You compare Maoris being treated better than Americans etc, but i dont think culling off 95% of your race is a better alternative

Are you saying 95% of maori were killed off? Jesus do you know anything about NZ history?

If you have studied biology and a little neuroscience you would understand that people no matter what race are the same. Its just ignorant for you to think that just because someone is Maori or Islander that its in their be genes to take free handouts, binge drink and beat their wives

I didnt say this at all.

If you want to beleive that educated people dont physically emotionally and verbally abuse their partners you a dreaming. Same with the drug abuse. You obviously have no idea what happens in the real world. Some of the most nasty abusers I have seen are well educated and presented.

Vampirechick Ill take a 3000 word essay challlenge with you anyday of the week but I cant due to my skin colour. Sounds like racism to me. Descriminated because of my skin colour. Sugar coat it any way you like I couldnt enter because of skin colour.

I might open a school and when a Maori child applies deny then entry because of them being Maori. Whats the difference.

Scholarships and job positions that are race based are a joke. People that get them are never respected by their peers. The best person should get what ever is on offer not the best race wheather its maori asian of european

so samoan muscle is a "good c*nt" but he is still islander, does this mean based on your beliefs that he is more likely to beat his wife compared to yourself due to his genetic predisposition?

if you can show me a study that proves different ethnicities brains work in a different manner then I will reconsider my stance.

Vampirechick Ill take a 3000 word essay challlenge with you anyday of the week but I cant due to my skin colour. Sounds like racism to me. Descriminated because of my skin colour. Sugar coat it any way you like I couldnt enter because of skin colour.

I might open a school and when a Maori child applies deny then entry because of them being Maori. Whats the difference.

f*ck man there's just no telling you! If you're referring to kura kaupapa schools EVERY person has the right to enrol. I know many pakeha who have gone to Maori schools (full immersion). That's right, there are actually some pakeha in NZ who give a f*ck about Maori culture. YOU are racist because not only are you creating negative generalisations about an entire culture, you're inventing shit that isn't even there.

We've provided context around Maori scholarships etc but you've gone right back to the beginning and called it racist. Stop playing the victim and get the f*ck over it.

You compare Maoris being treated better than Americans etc, but i dont think culling off 95% of your race is a better alternative

Are you saying 95% of maori were killed off? Jesus do you know anything about NZ history?

If you have studied biology and a little neuroscience you would understand that people no matter what race are the same. Its just ignorant for you to think that just because someone is Maori or Islander that its in their be genes to take free handouts, binge drink and beat their wives

I didnt say this at all.

If you want to beleive that educated people dont physically emotionally and verbally abuse their partners you a dreaming. Same with the drug abuse. You obviously have no idea what happens in the real world. Some of the most nasty abusers I have seen are well educated and presented

Based on your previous statements I assume you thought binge drinking etc was a ethnic rather than cultural based on the way they have been treated for the last 120 years (excluding the last 20 in your books)?

I do believe educated people commit crime, but not as much as the uneducated. I dont know why you think educated people commit just as much crime as uneducated people. Look at the average education of a 'white person' compared to Maori, then look at the percentage of those maori who make up our prisions even though population wise they are a minority. im sure you can out 2 and 2 together.

so samoan muscle is a "good c*nt" but he is still islander, does this mean based on your beliefs that he is more likely to beat his wife compared to yourself due to his genetic predisposition?

if you can show me a study that proves different ethnicities brains work in a different manner then I will reconsider my stance.

What? are you able to read? how the f*ck did Samoan Muscle get brought into this? Your off your fucking chops.

Vampirechick, how the f*ck am I racist . So if I dont agree with you Im racist. f*ck off.

Hopefully the race card will work well for you in your life as soon as things dont go your way claim racism. Give the white mans technology back and go live in the bush. bahahah that wont be happening anytime soon will it. So in touch with your culture happy to take money but you live in the white mans world.

What? are you able to read? how the f*ck did Samoan Muscle get brought into this? Your off your fucking chops.

Vampirechick, how the f*ck am I racist you stupid c*nt. So if I dont agree with you Im racist. f*ck off.

Hopefully the race card will work well for you in your life as soon as things dont go your way claim racism. Give the white mans technology back and go live in the bush. bahahah that wont be happening anytime soon will it. So in touch with your culture happy to take money but you live in the white mans world.

Whatever you ignorant hick. I actually said you made some good points earlier but you had to display your lack of intelligence by calling it all 'racist'. Again, you're inventing an entire profile of me because I'm Maori (all of the sudden I'm a racist bludger who wants to live in the bush and hates the 'white man'). I haven't taken any money from the Government and I quite enjoy living with my fellow pakeha brothers and sisters. You pathetic human being.

Vampirechick, how the f*ck am I racist. So if I dont agree with you Im racist. f*ck off.

Whatever you ignorant hick. I actually said you made some good points earlier but you had to display your lack of intelligence by calling it all 'racist'. Again, you're inventing an entire profile of me because I'm Maori (all of the sudden I'm a racist bludger who wants to live in the bush and hates the 'white man'). I haven't taken any money from the Government and I quite enjoy living with my fellow pakeha brothers and sisters. You pathetic human being.

Keep putting your hand out using the maori card. Some of us have you get by on our ability. But hey my MA is paided for by me no iwi helped me out. At the end of the day some of us have this little thing called pride. You should look into it.

Samoan muscle, I actually said it is the minority of pacific islanders and Maori doing it not all. Read my posts. But I did say the crimes of alcohol related domestic violence are mostly pacific islanders and Maoris. Those are two different statements. I didn't mean for u to take it the wrong way. From knowing u I know you wouldn't do anything like this thread is about just like the majority wouldn't. Hmm this thread has gone way off topic lol my bad. And I am sorry if I offended any Maori and pacific island people. Good cunts!

Yeah poor you you victim, you didn't get access to a whole $500 that helped pay for my post grad (FAMILY MONEY like I mentioned earlier). Have never played the Maori card because I've never had to.

GET OVER IT RETARD

$500 from your iwi, would I have got it? No. Why? because im white.

That equals racecard.

Im no victim like I said If I was offered money I wouldnt take it jimjims dont take handouts.

Vampirechick, how the f*ck am I racist you stupid c*nt. So if I dont agree with you Im racist. f*ck off.

Keep putting your hand out using the maori card. Some of us have you get by on our ability. But hey my MA is paided for by me no iwi helped me out. At the end of the day some of us have this little thing called pride. You should look into it. You stupid c*nt.

your MA in what? ignorant racism? "white mans world" wtf man, its not a white mans world, its everyones.

Yeah poor you you victim, you didn't get access to a whole $500 that helped pay for my post grad (FAMILY MONEY like I mentioned earlier). Have never played the Maori card because I've never had to.

GET OVER IT RETARD

That equals racecard.

Im no victim like I said If I was offered money I wouldnt take it jimjims dont take handouts.

No you wouldn't have received it because you're not family. Iwi is also extended family. Just accept there are opportunities in place for Maori because it's needed (like I've already said). Stop confusing the colour of someones skin to culture and heritage. They're different things (surely you're not just white? You actually have some sort of heritage? Your ancestors?)

Say your family were stakeholders in some sort of organisation that provided scholarships, I wouldnt say "it's because I'm brown!" because I was denied access to YOUR family money would I? Same sort of thing.

The DPB is good short term for people that have lost their job or are going through hard times,But there are many people and different races who use the system and bludge off everyone,thats whats crippling NZL and why so many kiwis are going overseas,unfortunately a large group of them(as stats show)are maori or pacific islanders,and working folk of all races get pissed off with this and start to put all maori and islanders into the same pot and think they are all like that,of course they arent,it's like saying all white people are pedophiles,most pedophiles are but u cant categorize a race with a problem. It's just unfortunate that when us working folk turn on the news we do see the extremist group of maoris putting their hand up,for maori seats on the auckland council,maori party,iwi party,maori tv,free scholarships at universitys while the rest of us have to get on with life and work hard if we want too get anywhere in life,while people keep bludging,its a minority of extremist Maoris kicking up a fuss!we shouldnt catergorize all maoris into the same group,unfortunately in this country it is hard not too!

GET OVER IT RETARD

That equals racecard.

No you wouldn't have received it because you're not family. Iwi is also extended family. Just accept there are opportunities in place for Maori because it's needed (like I've already said). Stop confusing the colour of someones skin to culture and heritage. They're different things (surely you're not just white? You actually have some sort of heritage? Your ancestors?)

Your family could give you grants, but white people a indiviudalistic, where maori are more in lined with collectivism, so if you knew anything about maori businesses, a large amount of their profit goes to the iwi to pay for the children of the family's education.