Starting supplement company

Pure

Fonterra funnels our Whey Protein off shore before the NZ companies get it. And apply economic logic to a country of 300 million people and a country of 4 million, and you'll get an idea as to why it's much cheaper in the states.

Seeing as they sell the 20 kg bags of WPC and WPI off to people for low prices, it makes you wonder why they can't just get into it themselves, surely a sizeable profit could be made for them there while still lowering the prices.

Fonterra owns Horleys.

And Nestle owns Musashi and Abbott labs own EAS. It doesn't matter how large the company is that packages whey protein, it still costs money to produce.

Interesting, I never knew Fonterra had anything to do with bodybuilding supplements.

• 1 month later...

Horleys have now been sold by fonterra (rumour has it) and Horleys now have a 5-10% price increase on the way for September. USA brands are looking better than ever and I always selected supplement brands that have been around for ages. I cant believe how many cowboys are still out there trying to make a buck!

Welcome, Musclearmor. That's very interesting news on Horleys. They've supported this site since day one, and although I make a point of staying impartial, I've got to confess to having a soft spot for them. :wink:

Who bought the company, do you know? Neither the Horleys nor Fonterra websites have any info on this.