Chemo's Therapy

Chemo

A documented experience of my first time "on"

So I just finished my first cycle and wanted to share my experiences with people thinking about gear and are still young in there training age. This could be quite a contrast to Opti's thread, but for the record, I would weigh Opti's advice and any of the more experienced users over mine anyday.

Bout me.

Was quite the fatty, got skinny, and in 2008 begun the hard grind to get the athletic bowflex body I always wanted. :pfft:

I have been training for about 9 years, void of any heavy weights for the most part, and a solid weights program for only 3 years, and really 2 and a bit years seriously with the right knowledge behind me. After my fatty days I had never really stopped some form of exercise, keeping up with contact sports and fitness centered around that.

In my time as a natural I was able to go from 65kg to 83kg with a more athletic and strong body, I did dedicated bulks, cuts and lean bulks trying to figure out how my body worked. As most on this forum would understand keeping fit or bodybuilding is a sport of obsession, you take it home, to work, to holidays and you sacrifice a lot for it. Its a lifestyle, and not an easy lifestyle at that. So after being fed up of that bulk cut and seeing little gains, my ideal body was going to take a long time to get, I looked into my own DIY HRT.

It was daunting at first to say the least, all this info, and little knowledge of what to do. I downloaded Anabolics 2009 and had a read. Was a good read but one of the worst things I could do at that stage, I saw stuff like winny, var and dbol and thought wow that easy ! Im gonna get massive. Maybe not the case...lol I had my mind set on a super low dose of test, now that i think about it, it wouldn't have been bad, but it certainly wouldn't have been what it was at 500mg. I also had this thing about anavar, on paper looks good, like heaps of things, clen, tren. But the general consensus with theses substances didn't quite fit with the description.

My advice regarding the above; learn about the substance then ask someone who's used.

I wish I could be less stubborn and listen more. Don't get caught up on numbers applied to someone else, if your going to use AAS like an athlete, you should listen to other athletes.

So I proceeded to try find contacts and get everything ready. I found a source and tried a tester, I got 100clen. The shit looked like saccrin sweetner tabs, and came in some china bottle. I was thinking ...ahhh burns fat cause it low cal lol? I got it anyhow and it sure was working. That was evidence enough for me to get the first cycle of test.

The dude was real good, gave me peace of mind and went over the steps of pinning with me, and followed up with progress. I did not expect that sorta support. Churr cuz.

So now I "was on" first pin was 250, and I was worried, like..what have I gotten myself into, im sticking needles into me....the folks would be proud. I was worried about what sort of negative changes would happen within me, changes the media had fashioned me to believe. I told one person to keep me in check, to tell me if I was roid raging.

15weeks of Apollo test enth @500mg:

83kg-95peak, and now back to a stable 90 at 16%bf.

I dont know if thats good but I saw a huge compositional change.

Upper back, chest, quads, glutes, tris, all had all were boosted years into the future.

I even had one guy call me "a pretty big c*nt" ego boost for sure. At this point I wish I had some dbol lol, puff me up just to match my swelling ego.

Pinning

Pinning was difficult, awkward, but not really painful. DOMS in many cases is more painful. I decided to pin quads, alternating side. I pinned once a week at the start, just cause I hated that shit. As i got more familiar with it at about week 9 I was pinning twice a week. No issues with pinning at all, didnt hit a blood vessel. I however suspect I may of hit a nerve, and sometimes its awkward getting 2mls in.

Advice on this; slow and steady wins the race and always follow the safe protocol, location, wipe, pine, aspirate, and slowly inject it in. I made the mistake of trying to press hard and get it done fast, I think that may have caused some pain post injection.

My Training

Workouts were batshit crazy, the only reason I had been held back before was the fear of over training, even with that barrier I still overworked myself just for the enjoyment of it. My mental state at that moment was "overtraining? fk that im on" I was a man unleashed, it felt fxxing amazing doing such high volume and moving weights id never moved before. My rest periods were generally a minute then I'd be back into it.

If your the sorta person who doesn't give a shit about limited rep schemes and overtraining, gear is for you. This may sounds reckless but youd be the sort of person who'd deserve it. If you have the will power to push through pain, gear will benefit you so much. I think if i knew someone was on gear and not training with any sort of intensity I'd be pissed off. I'd feel they didn't deserve it.

I did a push/pull/leg split performed twice a week for an hour, little rest and a variety of rep schemes.

An example; if PD hit up AAS or JR if he is a natural. People with that sort of dedication and genetics, imagine that sorta change from that sorta person. Mindblowing.

My Nutrition

Wild, still relatively clean, but the ability to eat more and not worry about getting fat was a mental break, especially from that fear of going back to where I started from. Lots of meat, MASSIVE post workout meals, lots of whey, coconut cream. It was a treat.

I dropped most of my supplements bar whey. I was eating so much none of that crap was needed.

My Rest

I was quite busy work wise at that time, and I had to work some serious hours. Despite my poor rest. I still saw the best gains in my life. What? more work done, more money...and now more gains! Oh yess. Shit pays for itself.

My Social Life

I didn't have to go home early cause I was tired, or not recovered properly, I didn't worry about having a few, and having that effect progress. Its a load off. Referring back to that lifestyle in the first paragraph, that was mind-blowing still seeing change and progress with sacrificing less. My partying and social life wasn't crazy, but it was much better than what it was if I were to be seriously training. Enjoy this but don't over do it.

Back to normal;

PCT was nolva, I doubt I needed it, but I didn't want gyno to creep up. Better safe than sorry.

We'll gym is weird, I have to hold back knowing I don't have that hormonal support to fuel growth. My strength isn't bad, I felt I've kept a lot of it. My size is down to 89 now cutting fat naturally. It's something I wanna have a go at naturally before using gear to do this. I feel I still have holes in my nutrition/discipline. and that means eating a lot less.

I had a few parties after and I could feel the difference, cutting that straight up. Worst feeling ever, weakness ewwwww.

That said, what I did applied to sports, I'm certainly not slower. In fact I'm more explosive, with more mass behind every shot. I drop bombs. Don't quite last as long now though lol, time for some cardio and muscular endurance.

I think my weight drop, I killed a little muscle as I didn't slow down in those PCT weeks. :C

Conclusions

Loved it. It fascinates me, and causes very little harm.

If you spend a lot of time, effort, money, emotion and sacrifice a lot to pursue "the bowflex body" then you should consider gear. I used it half as a PED and half as a recreational drug, and saw benefits in both areas.

Don't try it if your in a bad space financially, the gear costs a fair bit and then you got the quality food you need to feed yourself. It's not an addictive substance by nature but the effects/symptoms are addictive for sure. Be prepared to want it again, and pay for it again.

Don't try it if you haven't been able to change yourself naturally. Jumping on gear will benefit you, but no where as much if you knew your training and nutrition. Im not saying that if your light you shouldn't but only if you're light and cant seem to change yourself. Get a PT and learn how.

Prepare the full cycle ahead of time. I missed out on crucial moments of growth early on as the weight creeped up on me so fast, weigh yourself weekly and get your macros right.

Work hard, you have no excuse to be lazy or limit yourself now. You'll come out on top of the situation with that mindset.

Have fun. Possibly some of the most stress free training I've done.

Less strict guidelines for growth, and the best chance you'll have to hang out with your friends and perhaps get looser than usual.

Inspiring people to get fit. A couple of mates now hit the gym hard in hopes of change, and despite the different errrr training conditions :D they are seeing change! That's fucking great to see.

The Future

Theres gonna be a few more cycles, gotta go back and learn myself as a natural first but i got a few ideas :D

Good Luck to anyone commiting to gear, do your research, get good advice and enjoy it.

Very interesting read Chemo! Kinda like the un-american version of that journo who did the same thing (only he suffered every side effect he could find on wikipedia! :pfft: :grin: ).

I liked your objective take on things, bit more balance than most show around here.

I guess if nothing else you've done AAS & survived with some good mass to show for it. You can now tick it off the bucket list! :grin:

quick question to all out there

is doing 1x 2ml jab a week on enth any better/worse than 2x 1ml jabs a week??

cheers

all the tossers will say im wrong... but for the likes of me and u its not really gonna matter. simple.

anyway back to the topic at hand.

chemo... good read, thanks for that bro.

cheers

I have tried both ways and definatly noticed a difference between the 2 while 1x per week is more convienient 2x for me produced better results less side effects and and overall better feeling

definatly noticed my blood levels were more stable the research out there has proven 2x per week to be better

maybe some of the more experienced guys can chime in azwell

cheers

I have tried both ways and definatly noticed a difference between the 2 while 1x per week is more convienient 2x for me produced better results less side effects and and overall better feeling

definatly noticed my blood levels were more stable the research out there has proven 2x per week to be better

maybe some of the more experienced guys can chime in azwell

awesome

Cheers for that!

BTW awesome post! just wanted to bring this up cos i see you were doing 1 jab a week for a while!

:D

Glad your all enjoying it somewhat. Grammer and language is atrocious for sure but I'm no journalist >:3 lol

Re: Pinning Frequency.

Can't say I noticed a hell of a lot between the 2x a week and once a week.

I have read why frequent pinning keeps blood levels more regular, and it makes sense. I only did it to bring my technique/protocol close to optimal, not just sufficient, all purely based on research. Also doing it helped me get used to that process of pinning. But again, I didn't notice anything. No harm in more frequent pinning anyhow :D

yeah, good read bro, well done.

Out of interest, at what points did you begin to notice effects? You said that the weight gains snuck up on you?

Week 8ish me thinks.

I started of at week 2 eating a fair bit more and kept it like that for 2 weeks, i was up to 90 at this stage, no effort. I didn't really change my diet too much after this though and I had a period of slower gains between 92-94 at around week 8. I wasn't thinking straight and didn't think to revise calories :S

Once I added more to my breakie and another whey/mct meal in the arvo things picked up again and I sailed onto 95.

I think if i knew someone was on gear and not training with any sort of intensity I'd be pissed off. I'd feel they didn't deserve it.

I would be pissed off at the person or persons supplying the gear to these muppets!

I quite often get hit up and asked questions about the use of gear and supplying gear by people wanting to take this step who havent put in the hard yards and no matter how much you tell them they need to sort out and step up their training, the advice falls upon deaf ears and I eventually hear futher down the track that these same people are approaching others to try and get gear when I wont help them.. :roll:

This could be quite a contrast to Opti's thread, but for the record, I would weigh Opti's advice and any of the more experienced users over mine anyday.

Not really a contrast mate - I would call it a progression. Your experience is valid and qualified. Thanks for sharing - awesome.

My advice regarding the above; learn about the substance then ask someone who's used.

I wish I could be less stubborn and listen more. Don't get caught up on numbers applied to someone else, if your going to use AAS like an athlete, you should listen to other athletes.

^^ liked - great post.

:)

Very informative bro, out of curiosity why did you decide to take that path after 3yrs of training and not 4 or 5? Obviously you knew what you were doing eating/training wise, but do you think you could've got some more gains naturally before doing it?

Very informative bro, out of curiosity why did you decide to take that path after 3yrs of training and not 4 or 5? Obviously you knew what you were doing eating/training wise, but do you think you could've got some more gains naturally before doing it?

Lol, once (if) you go on you will understand bro :lol:

That two years of training takes 10weeks 8)

lol still got ages to go before thinking about that stuff.. don't wanna end up like WANABJAKD and some others

Spot on, I felt I coulda got what I am now in the next two to three years, but thats 2-3 years of dedicated nutrition, training and little social activity.

That two years of training, was condensed to 15 weeks and I could go out, miss a meal, eat too much, eat too little, have two meals in one go, miss a session, do two sessions in a day. The act of working out was amazing, id rock up with what areas id wanna hit in my mind and then just have a play, it usually worked out to be much more intense than my usual strategy of a picture perfect prgram or something I saw on BB.com lol.

Time is one thing we cant get back, so providing I still live to a ripe old age, I think its time, emotion and money well spent.

Dont worry about ending up like WANBJKD, you lift right? pretty sure he doesn't lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...