Gaining 10kg of Muscle

Rugga90

Hey, i'm new to this. Im currently 70kg with a bodyfat of 14%, i'm wanting to gain about 10 - 15 kg in muscle for league, I just joined a proper gym and they sorted out a 3 day split for me and sorted my diet, they also told me to take protein about 2 times per day,

should i take whey protein or mass gainer? , i don't want to gain fat just muscle ae. I wanna get ripped at the same time.

Also, what the difference between mass gainer and Whey protein?, any suggestions to get me started would be sweet.

you cant get ripped at the same time, u need more callories than your burning to gain weight, and you need less to lose weight.

best thing is to find out your BMR and add 300 calories, and judge it after 2 weeks, if youve gained fat, reduce it by 100. youre always gunna gain a little fat when your trying to put on muscle, especially 10 kilos. but u can cut it back when you hit your desired weight.

you need to be gettin about 1.5 grms protien per pound of body wieght, so for you id say between 160 - 240 grms.

id probably reccomend a weight gainer if your trying to put on 10 kilos, but you cant go wrong with whey either, depending how you want to use it, if your gunna be having a shake or 2 during the day aswell as after the workout id say a weight gainer, but if your using it only after the workout then go for the whey. maybe a creatine aswell? ON have a pretty good monohydrate, cheap and effective.

but most of all just eat like a horse, eat every 2-3 hours, decent food, chicken, steak, tuna, clean protiens like that and rice, kumara and pasta for carbs, it takes a bit of adjusting but in a month you should be able to judge your body and know whether to drop the carbs a bit or not.

hope this helps

rugga90 what is the timeframe you wanna gain the weight in?

If you want to gain 10 -15kgs, some of it is going to be fat -it is what is known as bulking up

Dont kid yourself and think you can do it otherwise i.e. get ripped at same time!

Rugga; don't worry about supplements 'til you're a few months into training. You'll most likely put on weight without it. It isn't hard to do when you have a high protein high carb and all other things that entail diet. In my experience I've gained 16 kgs over the past 15 months. But that's only my experience. It will be especially difficult with the league because that will be your cardio so you won't put on much (if any) weight during league season. So when you're in your league season, keep your diet the same and you should be able to maintain muscle. Most of your muscle will build during the off season so it might take a couple of years to do. But with will power and determination, you'll get there. I would say good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it. :lol:

if you keep the cardio to only 2-3 times a week at 20-30 mins it wont affect your mass gaining, and will help keep your cardiovascular system on its toes, but dont do cardio after your workouts,from personal experience try to keep it to your non training days for best results

why not after your workout

but dont do cardio after your workouts,from personal experience try to keep it to your non training days for best results

I heard about a study that found cardio and weight training in the same session didnt yield as much of an anabolic response as weights alone. Something about the body getting confused about whether to make anabolic adaptations or cardiovascular.

I heard about it a while back on RX Heavy Muscle radio and also Dorian Yates having a similar philosophy. Kinda makes sense in a bro-scientific way lol.

Anyone else heard/read about these studies or know anything about it? would be interested in reading about it

but dont do cardio after your workouts,from personal experience try to keep it to your non training days for best results

I heard about a study that found cardio and weight training in the same session didnt yield as much of an anabolic response as weights alone. Something about the body getting confused about whether to make anabolic adaptations or cardiovascular.

I heard about it a while back on RX Heavy Muscle radio and also Dorian Yates having a similar philosophy. Kinda makes sense in a bro-scientific way lol.

Anyone else heard/read about these studies or know anything about it? would be interested in reading about it

yea i just followed dorian yates principals, cardio after a workout slows the recovery process down, and thats the most important thing if your wanting to gain muscle, but on non training days its fine

If you want to be ripped, than HIIT is the way to go for cardio.

definitly but you need this when you cutting, your body cant be in an anobolic state and burn fat at the same time unless your on anabolics

oh yes defiantly agree, what i mean was, bulk up first, then cut imo.

getting 'ripped' is all about diet

yes, also if you want that goal of gaining 10-15kgs of muscle, a bulk diet is in need

Yeah bro exactly and its perfect timing to bulk up because its winter,

then you cut for summer so when its beach time you look sexy haha.

Also when bulking, yes supplements help but eating the right foods is more important.

if you are looking for a bulking diet just goggle it there are plenty of information on the web but heres one to start you off:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lean-ma ... ecrets.htm

Also you are looking to eat 5-6 meals a day ;)

If you want to be ripped, than HIIT is the way to go for cardio.

definitly but you need this when you cutting, your body cant be in an anobolic state and burn fat at the same time unless your on anabolics

oh yes defiantly agree, what i mean was, bulk up first, then cut imo.

getting 'ripped' is all about diet

yes, also if you want that goal of gaining 10-15kgs of muscle, a bulk diet is in need

yea definitly bulk then cut, i usually bulk till around 12 weeks out from summer/december then cut, HIIT and drop my cals about 300 below maintenace, so im losing minimal muscle.

also heard the sawtooth approach is doable , 6 weeks bulking followed by 2 weeks cutting, but IMO its just better to bulk, and i enjoy throwing on all that mass :D

You are about the same height as me. If you are around 85kg at 14% you are in pretty good shape. Healthy weight gain is easy and most of the already posted good advice with bulking, training and cardio will slap 10kg on you but I wont be muscle just bulk.

If you want to gain 10-15kg of lean permanent muscle mass, you will need to devote 10 years of solid hypertrophy training and nutrition for this goal.