NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Gray

DEXA Scan in Auckland

Hello everyone,

I have been all over the internet trying to find a place where they do dexa scans for body composition readings. I have even called a few radiology clinics but they have told me that they do them solely for bone density assessments.

I eventually found this forum where someone had mentioned how you can do this at the university of auckland. However, after extensive searching I can't find any way to contact them. I imagine they don't do them on a private level or unless it supports research that they are currently doing.

Can anyone help me out here?

I've also been looking for a location to have a DEXA scan. No luck. Unfortunately the NZ system appears to only be by referrals and then only for medical conditionals.

Do you have any information about who/which research group has the DEXA machine?

Well sort of. If you go to the auckland uni site:

http://search.auckland.ac.nz/search?q=d ... xyreload=0

and type in Dexa in the top left search bar, you get all the research programs that they are working on that involve dexa scans. Within them you can see the departments that use them. It seems most of the projects they are doing are for things that dont relate to an adult male. But anyway there was a place that says you can email them if you would be interested in supporting one of their projects. So I emailed it and said I woiuld be interested in participating in any research that involved a dexa scan. I did it on the same day that I posted the above. Havent heard back from them but would expect to anyway.

On a separate note, there appears to be somewhere where they do the Bodymetrix scans. I cant be bothered posting the link now but if a google search doesnt suffice, let me konw and I will post it. I think it is a gym in mt eden or something.

Hi I recently had a body composition scan at Auckland Bone Density in Epsom it was fascinating and I'm gonna try and improve my lean muscle to fat ratio and then have another scan see how I'm doing. Anybody else had another scan to see how they were doing and what was the result.

Emm

Hi I recently had a body composition scan at Auckland Bone Density in Epsom it was fascinating and I'm gonna try and improve my lean muscle to fat ratio and then have another scan see how I'm doing. Anybody else had another scan to see how they were doing and what was the result.

Emm

Hey did you just call them up and ask for a body composition scan? How much did it cost?

If anyone in Auckland is interested in getting their body composition analysis done via DXA scan or BodPod - Massey University runs a Body Composition Clinic for both. Only $60 if you book for the clinic session too!

http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/learning/colleges/college-of-health/school-of-sport-and-exercise/human-nutrition/facilities/facilities_home.cfm