New Member would love some help please

utd

is utd football related by chance?

Haha nah, its was supposed to be utdman, utd used to stand for untitled, its just an online name ive had for years, but my browsers autofill didnt quite work properly and it cut it short to utd, i haven't figured out how to change it yet.

Hey guys, how important is glutamine? ive read a bit about it but am not sure if i need to fork out some cash for it or not, my supplement bills already pretty high but ill stretch for it if you guys think its worth it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is utd football related by chance?

Haha nah, its was supposed to be utdman, utd used to stand for untitled, its just an online name ive had for years, but my browsers autofill didnt quite work properly and it cut it short to utd, i haven't figured out how to change it yet.

Hey guys, how important is glutamine? ive read a bit about it but am not sure if i need to fork out some cash for it or not, my supplement bills already pretty high but ill stretch for it if you guys think its worth it.

i have a mate who trains at Fitco bro he competes and he would be keen to have a few workouts with u im sure to show u proper form etc. hes a good c*nt like that, we will be training there on sat 16th april if u want to train we will show u... dnt waste money on a pt... hate those pricks, most just good for pissing in the ear.

PT only good if you have no other access to good form etc, not all PT's are bad, alot of em are BB's, but there are some average ones out there, agree with you there Tom. Freakin annoys me when you see a PT with someone and they couldn't give a shit, not pointing out bad form etc :x

alot of them are bodybuilders? no they arent... only a tiny percentage of pts in newzealand are bodybuilders, if all u do is read this forum then u would be led to beleive they all are. but they are not. very few are. most of them are nothings... just trainers.

Just because somebody lifts weight doesnt make them a body builder. I recon PTs are a waste of money for the most part but if you have never lifter before it might be worth a few sessions just dont get suckered in to 2 times a week for the next 5 years. There is heaps of info out there. Do a bit of reading and you will be fine. Depending on what your gyms like most guys who are half ways decent will give you advice just dont approch them mid exercise. :grin:

Yes there are alot of PTs who are shite, however, if they look like they train hard and walk the walk, worth a chat. Keep up the protein as it will only help you achieve muscle growth, def the creatine will help you get their faster too. I wouldn't be concerned about gaining weight on it tho, at your height it would be negligable. You could try for breakfast increasing your protein by having 5 eggs scrambled (only 1 yolk) with your toast. just my 2c.

the egg thing is good but as D yates said in a vid i was watching just a few days ago. if you are trying to gain mass, have 5-6 eggs or what ever but keep half the yolk e.g 6 whites 3 yolks, as the yolks are where the good fats are.

When you say mass, do you mean like muscle or just weight in general? I would say im in the realm of about 20% body fat but im thinking the best way is to build the muscle up first then diet down to lose the fat? Or should I be trying to lose the fat then start from scratch?

When you say mass, do you mean like muscle or just weight in general? I would say im in the realm of about 20% body fat but im thinking the best way is to build the muscle up first then diet down to lose the fat? Or should I be trying to lose the fat then start from scratch?

mass is muscle + a little bit of fat, unless you can find that perfect balance without gaining fat and good lean muscle. i highly recommend to not sacrifice muscle for fat loss, in saying that you don't really want to put too much more fat. I think as long as you eat lots of protein, some good fats (eggs avocado fish etc) and moderate amounts of carbs (morning, pre & post workout), you should lose some fat and have much more muscle gains. But make sure your having some protein and fruit and or veg in between those meals :lol:

haha 90kg aint that bad 10kgs heavier than me and im 5"10 and at around 8%BF, generally its much harder to gain muscle than it is to lose fat, so its all about getting that good mass, then going on the cut, and balancing your diet to make sure you don't lose any muscle while losing fat. But in your case it should be easier as you have a bit of fat, which can be turned into muscle. If you work hard you can be 90kg at 10%bf near end of year!! you got yourself some creatine yet??

haha 90kg aint that bad 10kgs heavier than me and im 5"10 and at around 8%BF, generally its much harder to gain muscle than it is to lose fat, so its all about getting that good mass, then going on the cut, and balancing your diet to make sure you don't lose any muscle while losing fat. But in your case it should be easier as you have a bit of fat, which can be turned into muscle. If you work hard you can be 90kg at 10%bf near end of year!! you got yourself some creatine yet??

You can not turn fat into muscle.

Thats an awesome prospect to think about ae, I know its achievable and im gonna work hard to get it. Yip got the creatine, started my loading phase.

If there are any students out there, how do you go about affording all your supplements? i worked out today that between protein, creatine, multi vitamins, and curse ( I probably didnt need it but i wanted to see what a preworkout was like) ends up being almost $7 a day, at the moment i cant really afford this in the long run unless i get another source of income.

Do you guys buy in super bulk to cut down the cost?

dont waste your $$ on a load of supps!

whey for post work is all your really gunna need to start off....

munch down some bread with jam pwo too

then spend the rest of ur $$$ on loads of good complex carbs,lean protein and some good fats

easy!

but yes you can buy everything in bulk to save some cash.

most multi vitamins are pretty crap bro, and the curse aint really neccarsery, i would keep the creatine monohydrate and whey this two are proven good supplements. re: your other thread, iv always taken my monhydrate (5g) 30-60min pre workout with some simple carbs after the 5 day loading phase. this has worked good for me and i think its better this way. thats my opinion.

yeah i take my creatine pre-wo too sometimes 2g or so, the 3g pwo

provides those extra few reps or to push more weight by giving your body the ability to re-generate 'adp' back into 'atp' for energy

the creatine acts as a 'taxi' for the phosphate. 'pc'

provides those extra few reps or to push more weight by giving your body the ability to re-generate 'adp' back into 'atp' for energy

are you saying you take pre workout as it helps you get a few extra reps during workout? creatine doesnt instantly get added to create atp immediately, so wouldnt help with your work out at all if you take it pre. PWO is where your body is demanding supplements so that is the best time to take it when your body can uptake the most creatine, sorry If im mistaken in your comment mike :doh:

most multi vitamins are pretty crap bro, and the curse aint really neccarsery, i would keep the creatine monohydrate and whey this two are proven good supplements. re: your other thread, iv always taken my monhydrate (5g) 30-60min pre workout with some simple carbs after the 5 day loading phase. this has worked good for me and i think its better this way. thats my opinion.

Yeh i know the curse isnt necessary im not gonna get it again, do you take vitamins daily?

quite a few ppl say to stack up on vitamin C?

Im currently taking inner armour ultimate body armour training packs, is that sort of thing worth it?

what about fish oil?

Cheers for everyones help, its really appreciated

inner Armour training packs as multis, must be costing you an arm and a leg, i use healtherlies mens energy multis cheap and seem to do the job at the mo. yeah get fish oil, maybe some 500mg vit C tabs and take half of one per day, same with multi's but if you cant afford buy cheaper multis...as long as your eating good, the main things you need is your creatine and protein, and others aren't essential right now, buy others if you have spare cash..

Yeh i know the curse isnt necessary im not gonna get it again, do you take vitamins daily?

quite a few ppl say to stack up on vitamin C?

Im currently taking inner armour ultimate body armour training packs, is that sort of thing worth it?

what about fish oil?

Cheers for everyones help, its really appreciated

no bro i dnt take any vitamins, except abit of vitc/echa in winter time