Post pregnancy sweats...

mamatraining

:oops:

Hello, Pretty random-maybe a bit yuck but after I had my baby who is now 8 months old... I sweated like crazy!! like eeww grose wake up in the morning and the bed is drenched kind of sweating- daily sheet/covers change!!

I was told that it was normal as its all the water buildup from when I was pregnant...it stopped when baby was about 3 months old.

Before having baby when I would workout I didnt sweat too much but OOHH MMYY GOD! now at the gym it doesnt take long before I get my sweat beads that turn into a full blown sweat up, dripping off my nose, into my eyes, all over! where I have to constantly use my towel...

I see other people not even cracking a sweat and I start to feel quite grose

Is this a sign that I am quite unfit?? Will it slow down soon??

Not sure about post-preggo sweats, as you say, could be hormone-related and quite normal. I don't think the rate of sweating is related to how fit you are, although for me it worked the opposite way, when I was quite unfit I wouldn't sweat much at all and as I got fitter, my rate of sweating increased!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I know it's kinda gross but sweating is a good way to detox the body. just keep up your fluid intake and if you do high intensity training for longer than an hour, consider drinking an isotonic sports drink. Up to an hour and plenty of water should do. :)

Im with firegirl on this, im very fit and sweat like crazy on the cardio. my towel is drenched after 30 mins interval on the stationary bike, hey don't be put off by it, most other cardioers would be jealous that they can't break a sweat - no big deal. Instead of getting the paper towels and squirting them with cleaner, I take the cleaner to the bike as it takes abit to clean it up, as long as you take care of hygeine, thats the main thing.