new to forums-mum keen to lose weight and feel awesome!

mamatraining

Hi All,

This is to introduce myself...I am new to this website, well new to forums all together but I guess I would love to use this as extra motivation to reach my goals and stick to a better healthier fitter lifestyle

I am interested in maybe one day competing in BB but for now will start with baby steps by first losing weight (fat tummy and bum ) and getting into a good routine. I live in Auckland and before I had my baby I was quite an active fit outgoing person but only through sports and training rather than running and weight training. Soon after having my baby I tried to walk most days and then decided to join the gym to which I went to the morning classes about 2-3 times a week. Then christmas holidays came and went and so did the gym routine...

I started back at the gym at around the start of Feb, 2 - 3 times a week and in the last 3 weeks I have upped that to 6 times a week and absolutely LOVING it!! I work my butt off and I feel so good afterwards... unfortunately I have not really noticed the difference in weight or looks which I have to admit is starting to get me down...

I have an 8 month old baby girl and right now a stay at home mum (heading back to work at the end of the year - ?maybe?) I am 24 years old, 174cm and weigh a whopping 77kgs

Morning classes at the gym are...

Monday - Kickboxing,

Tuesday - Pump,

Wednesday - Boxing,

Thursday is like a cardio version of pump,

Friday - Spin and

Saturday - Kickboxing

(all awesome HARD classes!) Eating relatively healthy with a cheat day on Sunday (i know i have to cut that out but like i said baby steps) I am currently looking at adding protein shakes (still looking for a suitable one for me) to have after workouts and also maybe adding another afternoon workout of mainly running...

So my goal now is getting down to 68kg rage maybe lighter (dont want to set unachievable goals) but definitely want to be more fitter and toned and also getting stronger abs as right now i still find it so hard to do simple crunches...

All advice or suggestions welcome and I looking forward to using all tools this website has to offer - Thank you

good on you for wanting to get in shape! :D

it will all pay off

just keep with eating right, good excercising

and have some goals and u will do great :nod:

Thank you :D

I am already feeling soooo good!! i love the feeling i get after the gym!

eating can be at times what lets me down! am learning though! baby steps :)

Well done!

The first step is always the hardest. I've been exactly where you are (but fatter lol) .. I put on over 40 kgs after my kids (who are 18 months apart) .. just take it slow and steady, the old addage of the tortoise beats the hare is even more true when it comes to weight loss.

great stuff so far. main thing is you're ENJOYING working out, so feeling good is a main ingredient.

now, you want to see some results. you're doing a lot of classes which should be starting to melt the fat off, if you're eating healthy??? not strict.

one sure way of changing the shape of your body, and toning up - is using weights. bodypump is usually high reps and lower weights. for us ladies we need to lift decent weights to tone up (and lower reps than in a pump class).

i usually train quite heavy (strain) especially with glutes, hams = lunges. many women do piddly little weights and wonder why their asses aren't toning up. To get a nice firm, sexy butt - it's hard work, that's all there is to it.

Put in some decent weight resistance training sessions and supplement with a couple of classes. If you can't afford a P.T (male or female in your gym with an impressive physique) for a month or so - then I'm sure if you ask for some training advice, experienced trainers on this site will be more than happy to give you some programmes.

can't wait to see pics of you morphing into a sexy momma!!!!!! go hard and aim high!