Xtend and milk

Chemo

whole point of xtend is to flood your body with bcaa as quick as possible as opposed to whey which wont be so quick to spike bcaa level's(so they say)

Free-form amino acids are absorbed quicker than whey.whey will not flood your bloodstream with BCAA as quick as ingesting free-form BCAA. The BCAA from whey compared to free-form BCAA could be compared to filling up a glass of water from a garden hose (whey) to a faucet (free-form BCAA). If you use a garden hose you have to wait until the water travels the length of the hose before you can use it. With a faucet, the water is right there when you turn it on. On top of this, the faucet has a wider opening than the garden hose and releases more water than the garden hose. During your workout and times of stress (dieting), you want the BCAA to get to your muscles as quickly as possible.

so my question is if you mix xtend with milk or whey wont that defeat the whole purpose of xtend and slow the absorption down?? :think:

whole point of xtend is to flood your body with bcaa as quick as possible as opposed to whey which wont be so quick to spike bcaa level's(so they say)
Free-form amino acids are absorbed quicker than whey.whey will not flood your bloodstream with BCAA as quick as ingesting free-form BCAA. The BCAA from whey compared to free-form BCAA could be compared to filling up a glass of water from a garden hose (whey) to a faucet (free-form BCAA). If you use a garden hose you have to wait until the water travels the length of the hose before you can use it. With a faucet, the water is right there when you turn it on. On top of this, the faucet has a wider opening than the garden hose and releases more water than the garden hose. During your workout and times of stress (dieting), you want the BCAA to get to your muscles as quickly as possible.

so my question is if you mix xtend with milk or whey wont that defeat the whole purpose of xtend and slow the absorption down?? :think:

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't think the whey would slow absorption of the (Xtend) BCAA, surely? I would've thought that with the BCAA coming from different sources, they'd be absorbed differently. Could be off mark though, would love for Flex or someone like that to chime in here...

I do drink pre/intra workout BCAA (without Whey), I guess it depends on where you draw the line - do you think a post workout shake would defeat the purpose of pre/intra BCAA absorption? Does it then mean you have to choose one or the other? I preferred my blissful ignorance where I didn't think about it :( :pfft:

First I've heard of it anyways :grin: Interesting point to raise, though :)

i dont know how bcaa powder is manufactured,isolated,extracted and from what sources.but after all that extra cost innvolved in isolating them and then mixing them right back in whey or milk is it worth it?i thought the whole purpose was to supply bcaa as quick as possible

genuinely curious if mixing them with milk or whey effects the absorption rate.why not just take normal protein much cheaper and can get more bcaa in couple of scoop of whey(and lot of other goodies)

I used it as a ghetto post workout as I had no whey :C

Using full milk will slow down digestion slightly for sure. Trim I don't think it would at all. It still has free form Aminos so they dont have to be broken down. I'd assume that with whey or milk they would enter the blood stream first as they are already the mist available source. I only really use xtend intra workout with water and glucose. I guess xtend is a bit if a treat anyhow, caps may be better.

Lgs bceaa mix tastes crap any whey you have it lol!

Never getting that again.

Another foul mix for the day... Daa with vanilla ultimate Protien .... Omg