How are you guys in Christchurch?

Pseudonym

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was practically surfing on the street in Lyttelton the convulsions were so bad. In the distance I saw a spire go down and dust come up.

They say it's both an aftershock and a new quake with its own aftershocks, if anyone cares about that bs. :)

Took me over six hours to see my wife who was on the 4th floor of the central library. Had a restless night fighting my 'flight' impulse from all the aftershocks; thought i was going to have a heart attack at one point.

I'm in shock that some people didn't survive. Everyone in Chch is going to have some connection to those people.

f*ck me, the news just keeps getting worse doesn't it.

Of all the times I've ever wished I was still in the Army, never more so than now. The feeling of futility at only being a few hours down the road yet completely unable to help, is awful.

Pleased to hear that our Christchurch members are all safe and well, and have finally heard from all family and friends, so a big sigh of relief there too.

It's pleasing to see the level of support from overseas. As well as things like the 200,000 litres of water sent in by Fonterra, and the influx of blood donations around the country.

Conversely, I see that email scammers have already started trying to profit from the tragedy. And those 6 gutless wankers that have been arrested for looting need to be publicly stoned with bricks from collapsed buildings.

Praise Be to Twitter; I knew about the quake a couple of minutes before the news agencies did! That let me get a quick call/text through to mum (she lives a couple of blocks away from the CBD), she's all good. Apparently she stocked up on water, candles & even a chem loo after the last quake!

Didn't hear back from aunty & uncle until this morning; they're down in Burnham and both ok. Uncle is in the Army so he'll be working hard to help people out. Wish I could be down there to do my bit physically!

Just in case people don't know about it, Google have created a people finder and I've linked it on my website: http://haakuturi.com/christchurch-earthquake

I have also thought that as well each time more very sad news comes in.Seeing footage of people being rescued from the damaged buildings it reminded of the footage of people being rescued from the remains of the World trade center durring 911.I thought that was cool that diffrent countrys though out the world are sending rescue teams to Christchurch.I cryed when I saw the photos of the quake in today's Otago Daily times.Good hear all you Christchurch NZBB members are all safe and well.I will think of you Christchurch folk while I am training in the gym.One thought came to mind which I wonder if the NABB/WFF Christchurch Grand prix show on April 30 th is going ahead still because the quake.Stay safe and well you folk in Christchurch.

As far as I know the show will still be all go, Burnside is still in mint condition.

Tell you all I feel like I've won Lotto and more. Just received news of a friend who passed away in one of the Cashel St collapses. Makes all the petty shit going on look ridiculous.

RIP J.M. :cry:

It is pretty bad down here but all the competitors and trainers I know and their families are safe. A number of gyms are damaged and a couple are written off altogether. I am one of the Lucky ones that has once again survived another disaster. Today's workout consisted of re-roofing the house and removing the damaged chimney. Aside from the material rubbish my supplements stash took a fall from a good height onto a concrete floor and caused much personal sadness... My heart goes out those who have suffered real loss in this tragedy and once again we will pull together and rebuild.

As far as I know the show will still be all go, Burnside is still in mint condition.

Tell you all I feel like I've won Lotto and more. Just received news of a friend who passed away in one of the Cashel St collapses. Makes all the petty shit going on look ridiculous.

RIP J.M. :cry:

Very sorry to hear mate, condolences

Our Prayers and Condolances to all the loved ones lost so far, thoughts to all our Iron Brothers, we cannot be there in body but we are in Spirit.

On behalf of Powerhouse Gym and the rest of the Iron Brotherhood we will grieve with them as they all deal with this sad loss.

God Bless

Warren

It was pretty mental. One minute I'm at work standing up falling asleep from the boredom, next thing you know we feel this rumbling then BOOM! I think I shat my pants like everyone else as we all legged it the f*ck out of there. I was certain we were going to be crushed.

I was laughing after (nervous laughter) then that bastard aftershock hit while we were in the changing rooms grabbing out shit.

I'm really sad to know that people died, especially those kids.

Hope all you fellow folk in Christchurch are coping ok.

New Zealand's a pretty small country at times like this, everyone knows someone - but our small size can be a good thing when we pull together.

The local Marae's near the office, they're acting as billeting for folks flowing north, and all day folks are dropping stuff off, the generosity was clear to see.

More's still needed, but Kiwis up and down the country will answer.

It means a lot to me & I know to all the Members down here to have you guys support during this tragic time. I'm sitting here on my computer with a generator running away outside my window. We all know someone who has passed into the Light. We all know many who have lost their houses & business. Many of us still do not have power, water or sewerage. It is so difficult to be driving around many of the streets & see the destruction & the damage to streets & infrastructure. It will be a huge task to restore this. Our spirit is not broken but is sorely being tested.

One wonders why these things occur & you never expect to be part of it. From the adversity we see great acts of heroism & kindness. We have become One as a neighbourhood, as a City & as a Country. This is how it is right now. We live day by day & have Faith that all will be well. Amazing times to be alive.

Rod