NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Old Bull

Lifting in the House

OB, is Mr Hide doing the B-bro? I reckon after that effort hed be one of the strongest in Parliment :D. Good on him for keeping the weight off after his stint on DWTS, it seems that was a lifestyle changing experience for him :clap: .

Also, tell Madpom to slow down! :pfft:

OB, is Mr Hide doing the B-bro? I reckon after that effort hed be one of the strongest in Parliment :D. Good on him for keeping the weight off after his stint on DWTS, it seems that was a lifestyle changing experience for him :clap: .

Also, tell Madpom to slow down! :pfft:

He is after the 1000lb club 160 Squat 120 Bench 180 Dead, all depends on his schedule at the moment.

Ha ha The MadPom he has The Ice man keeping him hard at it.

Rodney H came in last night for Deads so I videoed and posted he is looking good for a solid Dead come November.

Shot Rodney :clap: :clap: the man had not done a deadlift let alone a Squat until he joined "The House" 17 months ago

I shoulda worn a hat (and by the size of John's calves, trackpants too :pfft:)

Cheers again for hosting me OB, great day and was cool to meet a few more of the lads.

Looking forward to the next one :nod:

good tire flipping technique

Ta, actually had no idea if I had been doing it right for the last year or so, so it was good to get some affirmation on technique from OB and the boys :nod:

good tire flipping technique

Ta, actually had no idea if I had been doing it right for the last year or so, so it was good to get some affirmation on technique from OB and the boys :nod:

Technique aint that flash Drizzt! Sorry to be a killjoy, a fast time considering, but get that fucken leg outa the way!!! :nod: Slows you down!

If you pull from the mid shin really fast, you can then drop under the tyre, using your chest/tris to finish the flip. Very much like an Olympic WLer dropping under a clean if you get my drift?

Give me a call sometime & I'll explain it better. I reckon you could cut at least 5 seconds off without even getting any stronger.

Technique aint that flash Drizzt! Sorry to be a killjoy, a fast time considering, but get that fucken leg outa the way!!! :nod: Slows you down!

If you pull from the mid shin really fast, you can then drop under the tyre, using your chest/tris to finish the flip. Very much like an Olympic WLer dropping under a clean if you get my drift?

Give me a call sometime & I'll explain it better. I reckon you could cut at least 5 seconds off without even getting any stronger.

Haha that's fine Nate, I'm definitely open to improve where I can. The leg kicking up is a technique hangover from when my big tyre was a massive challenge for me to flip, so I kinda learnt off the bat to do it by kicking it up and the form stuck - I do it without thinking now! It'll have to be something I un-learn :oops: :pfft:

In saying that, though, this is the first time I've ever gone for a timed session. The flips I do most weeks are part of a circuit for cardio improvement, so quick flips are usually less of a consideration for me than just getting max effort out. But heck, more efficient at anything is always good :nod:

Your suggestions do make sense though, and I'll have a go at them when (or if) I have a session this weekend with my tyres, but keen to hear more from ya :nod:

LOL - no worries Drizzt, I used to be a 'tyre kicker' too until I saw the light! :grin:

The trick is to almost high pull the tyre, then drop into a stance under the tyre (back straight so you end up pushing up & over). Maybe check you tube out (or if you want more of my awkwardly worded explanations shoot me a pm with your digits).

Nate

LOL - no worries Drizzt, I used to be a 'tyre kicker' too until I saw the light! :grin:

The trick is to almost high pull the tyre, then drop into a stance under the tyre (back straight so you end up pushing up & over). Maybe check you tube out (or if you want more of my awkwardly worded explanations shoot me a pm with your digits).

Nate

Sweet, nah I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. A lot of the technique vids on youtube show the "tyre kicking" way... But I found one that I think describes what you mean (you'll need to get about 3.50 into the vid which is where he flips it without the knee kick):

That what you mean? Can definitely see how that looks faster, will give it a crack this weekend, and will get in touch if I get confused/can't do it :grin: Cheers

Thats some fast work there Drizzt! Nice!! :clap:

Thanks MG, reckon I can get it quicker, there was still a bit in the tank (plus hopefully some technique improvements to come as discussed above :))

Hey Nate here is Drizzt went pretty well

Thats some fast work there Drizzt! Nice!! :clap:

you gonna lay out the challenge to drizt? :grin: :pfft:

:pfft: Ha what challenge? I'm no match for the D Machine :pfft:

good work Drizzt :clap:

Thanks T :)

Nice work bro...that sort of training coupled with a solid strength program is awesome for your development 8)

Cheers Steak 8)

OB - was impressed with Quigley on that yoke (and log press for that matter), kid is much stronger than I thought he'd be! :nod:

OB - was impressed with Quigley on that yoke (and log press for that matter), kid is much stronger than I thought he'd be! :nod:

Yeah Drizzt,

17 years old but heaps of Ticker keep an eye on him still a sub junior just got to fill out. Did his Skills on wednesday 180 Squat 120 bench and 200 Dead. Post a vid up 2morro with some of the others doing skills.

Yeah Drizzt,

17 years old but heaps of Ticker keep an eye on him still a sub junior just got to fill out. Did his Skills on wednesday 180 Squat 120 bench and 200 Dead. Post a vid up 2morro with some of the others doing skills.

:shock: Nice lifts! Sound similar to my own, haha :shifty:

Looking forward to the vid :nod: