Lifting in the House

Old Bull

Santa Madre de Dios!

Those are some wicked SLDLS... :notworthy:

LOL - there is a story there TFB......

I'd done the SSQ squats & didn't really know what to do as I was kinda filling in time. I decided SLDL's over GHR's as I hadn't done SLDL's for 2 years or so. Anyway long story short, I loaded what I thought was 180 but turns out it was slightly more....195....ouch! Boys called me on it so I had to do it!

Stay at skool kiddies.....maths is good! :grin:

how did i just find this thread mean topic.....thats insane reppage ben he looks like he got some good power in him OB love the starting set up will lift huge with that technique.. :clap: :clap: im so giving this a go I feel it may be spew material though lol we should post this up in bodybuilding /powerlifting forum run it like an in house fun comp two minutes of deads I already feel sick lol

how did i just find this thread mean topic.....thats insane reppage ben he looks like he got some good power in him OB love the starting set up will lift huge with that technique.. :clap: :clap: im so giving this a go I feel it may be spew material though lol we should post this up in bodybuilding /powerlifting forum run it like an in house fun comp two minutes of deads I already feel sick lol

Hmmmm?? I wonder :think: lol

^^ Aussie Strength run some fun comps for their members, all video verified type stuff. To date they've done:

The Kaz Challenge (45kg dumbell shoulder press full reps for max reps)

Clean your Plate (Bodyweight powercleans for max reps in 2 mins)

Raise the Dead (150% BW + 20kg, max reps in 2 mins)

The Kiwis have done pretty well with Sam & myself 1st & 3rd in Kaz comp, Dale, Tevita & Danny (Danomyte) 1st, 2nd, 3rd in Clean comp, and Ben looking solid in the Dead comp.

I'll talk to the Mods and see if there is any interest in running similar comps here?

Way to go Ben!! Mean effort allright :clap:

He was pretty smashed the next day not for the faint hearted

I gotta do 167.5kg I already feel sickness from the pain to follow lol

Have a couple of test runs TT if you want to do the comp then just bang it. But you need to have some one calling the time work out your breaks and and the amount of lifts in each segment. Ben was aimimg for 13 in 20 seconds then a good break, but he had only nine by then so he went to 13 and had his break but that put him behind what he was aiming for. Bens pulled 220 this year at under 75kgs should be well over that at the BBro.

• 4 weeks later...